Peter 'Star Lord' Quill x Child!Reader

Requested: @Shadow_Book_Spirit. Hope this is okay, I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy. (Don't hate). Requests are still open, please remember I need character as well as plot. 

PETER'S POINT OF VIEW

Why the hell can't I find the one piece, I need. Walking through the market I just can't find the piece I need to fix the ship. The others were back at the ship after gathering everything else we needed. Entering a store, I found the piece and was about to purchase it when I saw something that made my blood run cold. A small cage, harbouring a young girl. A price tag hanging down. I glanced at the poor thing, her hair matted and dirty, she was covered in cuts, blood, and dirt. I couldn't stand here and do nothing. Hating myself, I asked for her too. When she exited the cage, I noticed she looked nothing more than five. Wrapping her in my coat as her clothes were tattered, I took her back to the ship. "WHAT THE HELL!?" Gamora yelled as I told the team everything. She left quickly grabbing some money. When she returned she had bought food and a stuffed animal for the girl.

She managed to calm the girl down and explain everything. She spent time cleaning her up and dressing her in black leggings, an olive top with a red zip-up hoodie which she left open. Handing the girl the stuffed animal which was a bunny rabbit. The girl thanked Gamora. "You have a name, sweetie?"

"Y/N." Rocket smiled. He turned to Y/N. "Y/N, welcome to the family." She grinned at him and accepted the flower handed to her by Groot. He smiled at her.

Slowly over the months, the young girl became an important part of the family. I taught her about music and about the world. Gamora taught her what she knew. Groot loved showing her his tricks and giving her flowers which she always wore in her hair which now shined showing her health. Gamora moved over to me, "You did well. It was noble to save her, despite how you had to do it." Smiling she led me back over to the group where they were dancing to some music, Y/N showing Groot how to dance. We were the weirdest family, but we were, family.