Wendell Bray x Pathologist!Reader

You worked for Cam as her intern as a Pathologist. Your family had been thrilled when they found out you had gotten a place at the Jeffersonian. You had been ecstatic. When you had started working, you had met and fallen for the blonde-haired intern by the name of Wendell. Working on such horrible cases had made the pair of you good friends. You often held movie nights and went out for drinks some nights. Right now you were watching a film over had his place. Your childhood favourite The Princess Bride. You loved how she didn't always need saving and how she was brave as well as defiant. Watching this movie throughout your childhood meant that you could quote the movie.

Wendell was watching you as you immersed yourself in the movie and Buttercup's adventure and her finding true love. He had fallen for you as well but didn't have the courage to tell you. At the end of the movie when you left, an idea flowed into his mind.

---First---

The next day you were performing an autopsy when he entered the room. "Doctor Brennan would like an update on when she can get the bones."

"When I am done, sorry but I want to this to go well and I don't want to miss anything. So, you will have to wait."

"As you wish." He left and you looked up staring at the spot he had left.

---Second---

You were cooking dinner for yourself and the other interns, Daisy was having a discussion with Vincent, Clark was talking to Arastoo, Fisher was stewing in the corner, Wendell was helping you. "Oi, Clarke and others, set the table please!"

"Why does he get his name shouted?"

"FISHER, DAISY, VINCENT, ARASTOO! HAPPY? Pass me the bowl please, then take these out to the table." Wendell leaned around you as he placed the bowl down. "As you wish." He left and you almost (almost) burned the chicken.

---Third---

"Hand me the notes please."

"As you wish."

---Fourth and final---

You and Wendell had been avoiding each other for the last two days due to a fight that started because you needed more time with the flesh and he had stripped the body of it.

"Why didn't you just wait two minutes?"

"I found the cause of death."

"I could have too, but we don't know that because you went ahead and decided you knew better." Slowly you had moved closer to each other. His blue eyes flicked down to yours. "Why didn't you wait?" You tried to shout but it turned into a whisper. "Because I couldn't." He pulled you close, hands on your hips pulling you close to him. His nose brushed yours. "Wendell?"

"Hmmm."

"Kiss me."

"As you wish."