BAU x Child!Reader

Requested by: Shadow_Book_Spirit Hope you enjoy this one shot.

You sorted the colourful mixed candy that JJ had grabbed for you. While you listened to the audio book of Alice in Wonderland. You were being hunted by serial killer and the team didn't know who or why. They had tried to question you but you wouldn't talk and after running away from the foster home that you had been placed in. They decided it would be best if you stayed with one of them. Garcia had immedetially offered and Emily made sure that she had units watching her place, with Derek staying with the both of you as added protection. You liked the team, but would only talk in a quiet whisper to Garcia and even then, not in front of Derek. Derek crouched down beside you and tapped the table in front of you to gain your attention. You pulled the headphones down to you neck pausing the story. "Hey, Y/N. You doing okay?" You nodded. "Can I ask you a question?" Again, you nodded. "Do you know where your family is?" You nodded. "Can you show me or Garcia?" You shook your head. "They won't be able to hurt you. This team won't let anyone hurt you. Especially Garcia okay?" You nodded. "You can draw or point if you don't want to talk." You pointed at the map he handed you. "Morgue? Are you sure?" You nodded. He smiled. "I'll be back in a minute okay?" You nodded. Before writing on the pad they had given you. I will stay here. Can you come back when you have told them? He nodded "I'll be just outside okay?"

When Derek came back into the room. You were nowhere to be found. The window was open and the papers you were drawing on were strewn around the room. He ran into the round table room. "Garcia, she's gone. She's been taken." He shouted desperately into the phone. "She'll be okay, right?" She asked quietly. Reid placed his hand on her shoulder. "She'll be fine."

"It's her father. He killed her mother and brother. Three days ago." Emily had finished reading the report. Garcia typed quickly. "I found them."

The room you were in was dark. "Princess, it'll all be fine. The world wants to hurt you but they won't because I'm here. Your knight is here." Your father stalked the room. You knew that the team would find you. "FBI!" Your father rushed to you pulling you to your feet. Pressing a knife against your throat. Hotch entered followed by Emily and Derek. "Y/N, look at me okay?" Derek spoke quietly. Hotch pulled your father off you after disarming him. Derek picked you. "You okay, sweetie?" You nodded. "Penelope?" You spoke in a whisper.

"She's at the BAU, you want to see her?" You nodded fanatically. He grinned. Once there, Garcia swept you into a hug. Peppering you face with kisses. You giggled. The rest of the team watched fondly. "I have something for you." She placed you down and knelt to your level. She handed an envelope. You opened it and read the contents. "Really?" You whispered. "Yep, kitten. I want to adopt you. You want to become family with us?" You nodded vigorously, grinning. Garcia was grinning happily, tears of joy slipping down her cheeks. She stood and hugged you with the rest of the team joining in. "Welcome to the family, little one." Rossi told you happily.