Daniel 'Danny' Reagan x Daughter!Reader

Requested by SamanthaVitale3   

You woke up, thrilled it was your birthday. You couldn't wait to celebrate and see all your friends. It was Sunday, so you would see your whole family and have a family dinner filled with your favourites. Your aunt Erin had promised to cook all your favourite foods. You were a year older than Jack but five years older than Sean. You were turning fifteen, today. You dashed down the stairs and you got the bottom as your father, Danny Reagan was shrugging on his suit jacket. "Sorry sweetie, I have to go to work. Love you." He kissed your cheek and walked out the door. Danny missed your face falling, Jack came down the stairs behind you. He placed his hand on your shoulder, "He hasn't forgotten he just has a case he has to go, he's wouldn't forget." He told you in a comforting tone. You nodded. Entering the kitchen your mother Linda gave you a hug, "Happy birthday, love." Sean walked through holding a plate with a stake of pancakes, which had some butter and syrup on top. "Happy birthday." You took the plate from your younger brother and ruffed his hair which made him protest. You enjoyed the pancakes and the time with your family. You were all about to head to church when your father walked in the door. "Sorry my partner needed help with a small part of paperwork. Let's head to church." You wavered, wanting to see if he would remember. "Y/N! Let's go."

When you arrived at church, you chose to sit between Jamie and Erin. Your father's brow furrowed, usually you sat between him and Linda. Your mother gave him a look filled with meaning which he couldn't place. Jamie and Erin noticed the change but didn't comment choosing instead to look between you and your father.

At dinner, there was palpable tension between the side your brothers and parents sat on and where you were sitting beside Jamie. "Y/N how was your birthday morning?" You shrugged in answer to your grandfather. "It was fine, Jack, Sean and mom and I had pancakes." The rest of the family noted that your father was missing from the line-up. "Excuse me." You got up and left, going out back. The family turned to Danny. "And where you, did you forget?" Frank asked his eldest son, "Oh come on Danny, don't tell me your forgot your own daughter's birthday." Henry interjected. "I didn't forget." They continued to stare at him. "I didn't. I went to get her present."

"On a Sunday?" Jamie questioned. "I found a necklace for her and it needed the clasp fixed, so the owner of the shop did a rush job of it and it was ready this morning so I went to grab it." He showed the necklace to Linda. Linda grinned, "It's lovely but did you tell her that?" He shook his head. "No."

"Go tell her." Danny nodded and followed the path you had taken. "Hey angel." He sat down beside you. "Sorry, I didn't say happy birthday to you this morning. I was in a rush to get this, before the owner went away for the week. He only opened so I could pick this up. He handed you a small velvet box. You opened it to show an angel necklace. "I wouldn't forget my only daughter's birthday, maybe Jamie's or Erin's." You laughed. "Sorry angel." He wrapped an arm around your shoulders. "It's okay dad, I forgive you. On one condition." He turned his head watching you with curiosity. "You can't forget uncle Jamie's or aunt Erin's birthday's." He laughed, "Deal, sweetheart." You both went back to the Sunday dinner happier than you had been this morning.