(Gotham)Bruce Wayne x Rich!Orphan!Reader

Both reader and Bruce are same age in this.

When your parents had died in the car crash you felt as if your life had stopped. Your parents were some of the richest within Gotham second only to the Wayne's. You and Bruce were friends so it was no surprise to you when he and Alfred had offered to let you live with them until you were able to. You had enough money in a trust fund to live on but would not have full access to the fortune and the company until you were 18. Your family's company helped the charities and the police department within Gotham. They were widely loved and left alone by most of the criminals within Gotham.

Bruce's offer helped you to deal with the loss of your parents as he knew what you were going through and how to help. He helped with the nightmares, the tears and in exchange you helped him with finding out who killed his parents. You had only ever seen Bruce as a friend but he had seen you as something more. You were slowing falling for him as well. However he knew you weren't ready so soon after your pedants death. Alfred knew of Bruce's growing affection for you and had tried on several occasions to get him to come clean.

After living with them for months Bruce decided he was going to tell you he just needed to wait for the right time. One night when Bruce couldn't sleep he was walking to the kitchen he heard sniffling coming from your room. He moved carefully to open the door and slide into the room. He moved quickly to the bed where you were crying. You noticed Bruce move over to the bed and sit down. He brushed your hair out of your eyes. "You ok Y/N?" Shaking your head, you looked up at Bruce. Bruce smiled suddenly. "Meet me in my room in five minutes." You looked up at Bruce confused. He moved out of the room. You moved away grabbing your robe. You walked to Bruce's room and sat on the right side of his bed, waiting. Bruce reentered carrying a tray of brownies and hot chocolates. He motioned you over to the couch and table in front of his tv. You joined him and sipped at the hot chocolate. "Why are we doing this?"

"My mother and Alfred used to do this when I couldn't sleep or had nightmares." Bruce looked sad. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset." Bruce smiled softly before asking if you wanted to talk about it. "I dreamt that you had died instead." You looked up at Bruce. "Y/N. I've fallen in love you over the years I've know you. And I wanted to tell you came over but when I found out that your parents had died I waited till it was the right time. This is probably not the right time. But I just wanted you to know." You were shocked you had had these same feelings. But had held off because of your parents death. You placed your drink down  before taking a deep breath. "Bruce, I feel the same." Bruce moved closer after placing his own drink down. He leant forward and kissed you softly. You moved closer to kiss back. Smiling softly at each other.