James 'Jim' T. Kirk x Spouse!Reader

Jim rolled over in his bed, his hand dancing up your naked back. He grinned as he felt the soft, warm skin under his fingertips. Your face was turned away from him as you lay on your stomach, your soft mussed hair partially covering your profile. The soft moonlight from the window broke through your hair highlighting the colours that lived within. Jim was thankful for the shore leave, it gave him the chance to see you in a relaxed setting. He moved closer to you sharing in your body heat, wrapping the blankets around both your figures, he let his eyes slip closed once more.

Jim allowed his eyes to flutter open slowly looking at you through half-lidded eyes. He grinned again, thrilled that he was yours, and you his. The morning sun, glowed a halo of gold around your head. You were on your side facing away from him still. He closed his eyes once more revelling in the feel of the warm sun. He thought to all the jobs he had put off spending time with you. He manually ran through the list in his head, eyes closed. One: Check everyone has signed back in. Two: Check everyone has quarters up to the standards of the Federation. Three: Prank Spock. (Maybe later) Four: Kiss you. Five: Check with Scotty about the Enterprise. Six: Check with Uhura, make sure linguistics are up to scratch. Seven: Check in with McCoy, medical supplies. Eight: Kiss you. Nine: Check with Spock, get him to do all the jobs you don't want to. Ten: Check with Sulu, remind him about the parking brake. Eleven: Check with Chekov, make sure you haven't forgotten anything. Twelve: Kiss you. Thirteen: Don't blow up the ship, Scotty will kill you.

He rolled over to his side feeling your side of the bed, relishing in the sun. He moved his hand closer to you, but found nothing but an empty bed. His eyes flashed open, and he sat up. The sun's rays shone through wintery cold. There was no warmth to it, however, Jim's blue eyes watered, the cerulean pools almost dripping down his cheeks. He moved his hand delicately along the sheets seeking your warm, your scent, you. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. He missed you more than ever and he loved you still. He wished you were still here, still filling his head with stories, still in his bed, still staining the sheets with your scent. Still alive. He placed his hands down on his lap, the gold ring on his finger felt heavier than ever.