Matt Simmons x Best Friend!Reader

Requests are now closed. Thank you for reading my works and for following me it means a lot. Thank you my lovelies. 

Requested by MooseTheMurderer

You sniffed once more as you read through the texts that your family had sent. They were often asking why you weren't coming to visit. You didn't really get on with your family, you didn't like the way they talked about you, about people and about your career. It caused a lot of anxiety. Your father had been an FBI agent until a life-threatening injury had caused him to either take a desk job or early retirement. He had taken retirement because as he put it he didn't want to do some 'pansies desk job'. Your mother was a housewife, who had grown up believing that woman should only be homemakers, wives and mothers.

You had once asked your father why he believed women shouldn't be in the military or a police officer or an FBI agent. He had told you that he didn't want to put his life in the hands of 'an overly emotional' woman. You had almost finished your courses to be a psychologist at the time, you changed course and became a profiler, joining the BAU unit at the FBI.

Your leg was jumping, and it was irritating Matt, but he didn't tell you that. He noticed how your breath was coming a little faster and lighter. He knew that anxiety attack was coming. He was your best friend he had been there through everything. Through the death of your older brother. You were in love with him, you hoped it wasn't obvious but knowing you and your past it probably was as obvious as Emily's love of food. He was calming you down, well trying to but nothing he was saying was really getting through. He began to talk about trivial things, nothing really, things that happened to cross his mind. He started talking about his time in the military, well rather how it had resulted in PTSD.

Matt rubbed his hand down your back, calming you down. "I like you Matt." 

"I like you too, Y/N." Neither of you went further in your confessions just yet wanting to discuss it later when you hadn't just had a freak out. You talked about trivial things, nibbling at the takeout. You were both watching some movie, you had forgotten the title. You fell asleep your head resting on his chest as he leant against the couch, both of sleeping peacefully.