Seeley Booth x FBI!Reader

Currently, I am in the last few weeks of University for the semseter, I then have a singular exam (yay). So at the moment, requests are closed, they will (hopefully) be open after the 16th of June for a few weeks. Requests will then close on the 1st of July. I will let you all know when they are open and when they close, closer to the time. Thank you for reading my works and following me, I absolutely love you all. 

You took a deep breath and looked up at the building that would now be your workplace, years of hard work and secrets went into getting you here now all you had to do was keep your head down and your gun up. You walked into the FBI building and followed the directions to agent Booth's office. You were introduced to Booth who had his phone to his ear and the psychologist known as Sweets who was sitting in the office with him. Sweets offered his hand to you and you both shook reintroducing yourselves as Booth was discussing something with someone on the phone. You caught snippets of his conversation mainly his side and deduced that he was talking to Brennan, the anthropologist he worked with. Sweets stared at you while you and Booth talked over what would be your partnership, he noted the absentminded way you picked at your nails. How whenever he mentioned the gangs he sometimes dealt with you brushed a lock of hair behind your ear even if it was already there in the first place. He figured you had a secret, he just didn't know how big.

Several months later, you had finished helping Booth load the last of the latest mob round up into vans, when Brennan who had been with you noticed something. She stared over at the leader, noting the bone structure and then over at you noting the similarities. Deciding not to jump to conclusions she waited until the lab and asked Cam for help. "Why are we doing this?" Brennan answered with a not so well thought out answer. "Because I think Y/N might be related to the leader of the mob we just caught." Cam's eyes almost bugged out of her head. "Does Booth know? Does she know?" Brennan shrugged and waved for her to continue the DNA testing, "No doubt about it, she's his kid."

"Who's whose kid?" Booth entered and saw the screen displaying your face alongside your 'father's'. Rage built up in his eyes and he stormed out Brennan following at a run. Cam sighed and sent the information to Booth's phone before deleting the search. Booth stormed into your office and grabbed your arm, he carefully so as not to draw suspicion escorted you to an interrogation room. Sweets who had witnessed what was going on figured that Booth had learnt whatever secret you had been hiding and the intensity of the secret had blown up in a rage he knew Brennan herself couldn't control. He grabbed her arm as she made to follow Booth and dragged her carefully as he knew the damage she could do into the viewing room, the rest of the team followed and Sweets locked the door. "I wouldn't go in there." He stated flicking the button that allowed them to listen in. "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE HIS KID!" They almost didn't need the coms to listen in. "A one-night stand, does not make you a father. That makes you a donor." Your deadpan answer came through not surprised that whoever it was had blabbed your secret. You were guessing Brennan, she had no filter and couldn't lie to Booth. "You knew?" He asked, you shrugged, the rage in his voice had deepened it to a threating level. "He and my mother had an arrangement, she would get his blood money monthly and I would a college fund, which when I found out I gave to multiple charities and paid my own way everywhere I went. Then he somehow found out that I was in the academy and wanted me to be his mole. And if I refused he would out me as his kid, blow my career up before it began because honestly what cop or fed would trust his kid?" Sweets shrugged, "She has a point."

"I trust Brennan and her father's a murderer." Brennan flinched. "Supposed murderer. Never convicted. Besides unlike Brennan, my donor is a cop killer and has killed several feds, but you could never prove it and he will be out soon. Unless you use this." You slid a flash-drive across the table, you had been sitting watching Booth either pace or shout at you. "He gave it to me to hide, when I frisked him. Thanks for that by the way." Your tone turned mockingly sarcastic. "Wanted me to hide it, thought I would use it to bring him down instead. Because it's my job and that when people ask if I'm his kid he'll say no and I can be free of his treacherous legacy." You smirked at Booth, before dramatizing your voice, "Taken down by his own flesh and blood, and by a girl no less." Sweets and Brennan grinned, understanding why you kept it a secret and loving that you had used it to your advantage. Booth and the team seemed to forgive you.

Several hours later, after explain everything to the director of the FBI, you were headed to your car. You were going to meet Booth and the gang at the lab for drinks and to explain everything, again. You heard a noise and turned raising your gun. "HELLO?" Your cry echoed. "FBI! WHOSE THERE?" There was answer and you dropped your gun to your side. You moved back towards your car. Booth heard the gunshots as he entered the parking structure, he had been held up with some paper work. He run towards the sound, and saw your prone body laying a few feet in front of him. The gun you had was in your holster. You were on your back having been shot in the front. Once in the heart. A marigold lay in your open hand, your 'father's' calling card. He knelt beside you the cold seeping into his bones and the blood sticking to his skin through his trousers as he picked up the blood-spattered card that lay beside you. The words appeared to be written in your blood.

This is my legacy.