James Bond x Friend!Reader

Requested by: SavannahofGondor Thank you for the request. Enjoy. 

You stared at the bottom of your tumbler of whiskey. How could you not see this coming? The darkness of your living room encasing your figure. You didn't know what to do. You had loved him. Three rapid knocks suddenly echoed through your apartment, before the door opened. "What's the point in knocking if you're just going to enter anyway, James?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"Q waits for me to open the door, Moneypenny calls first and Tanner meets me at a diner, he doesn't come here much."

"Your boyfriend?"

"Took his key back, changed the locks. He cheated on me." You hadn't moved, James had grabbed a tumbler and poured himself a drink. "How could he let someone like you go?" You grinned without humour. He rubbed your shoulder comfortingly. "How was your mission, James? Piss M off?"

"Shot him actually." You raised a brow. "Flesh wound, he'll live." You smiled softly. "What to watch a movie?"

"No."

"Blow up something in Q's lab?" You huffed a laugh, "No. I don't feel like doing anything." He poured you another drink, adding extra ice to water it down. "Why did you shoot M?"

"Needed to make it look like I was on their side. He'll be okay and he wasn't very happy about it. It worked." James looked over at you, noting the way you stared at the wall ahead of you. "Right, come on." He took the glass from your hand and placed it on the table, pulling you from your seat. He pressed play on his phone. "What are you doing?"

"Dancing with my best friend to make her smile again." He pulled you closer to him and pushed you away, twisting you into a fast dance. He continued in this vein, until you started to laugh about his actions. "There's the famous Y/N smile." You reached up an kissed his cheek, "Thank you, James."