Injured!Derek Morgan x Doctor!Reader

It had been the longest shift ever. You were working the E.R night shift. You were an hour away from the end of you shift when a nurse handed you a chart and pointed a bed. As you walked over dodging everyone, you read the chart. Possible bruised ribs. Arriving at the bed you could hear a man and a woman arguing. "Hi I'm Doctor L/N. What happened today?" Looking up you could see the colourful clothes of the woman who was glaring at the man. The lights reflecting off his brown skin. "Hi sugar, Chocolate thunder here decided it was a great idea to take down a possible killer BY HIMSELF." The last part she directed to him and he smiled sheepishly. "What did you do tackle a brick wall?" You were smirking you loved it when couples mocked each other. "Would you mind taking your shirt off so I could look? If you need help I'm sure your girlfriend could help." Both laughed at your comment. "I take it you're not dating?"

"Oh no sugar, hot stuff and I are co-workers and good friends. I'm Penelope Garcia btw." Nodding you moved to look at his ribs. Gently pressing in his chest, you asked them. "What's 'Hot Stuff's' name?"

You turned away to make notes. "Morgan. Derek Morgan."

"Good to know, you enjoy James Bond." The blonde woman 'Garcia' was watching the exchange with a barely hidden grin. "Well Morgan. Derek Morgan. You've just bruised your ribs. I'm going to wrap them. You are going to need to keep the wraps on until they heal. And no heavy lifting, or any activity that'll put a strain on your ribs."

"That means no field work hot stuff."

"Fieldwork?"

"I'm a FBI agent and Garcia is a...."

"Tech kitten." Smiling you wrapped his ribs up. "That should do it. If you feel any pain just take a couple of pain relief, no more than six day. I'll get the paper work to sign you out." Moving away you marked the correct boxes on your sheet. Hearing Garcia and Morgan bicker over something.

Gathering the paperwork, you moved back and heard the last part of their conversation. "Derek Morgan, you ask out that cute doctor."

"Baby girl, we have an unreliable work timetable."

"So, does she. ASK. HER. OUT."

"Hi again, all you'll need to do is sign here and I'll need your signature too, Miss...."

"Wonderful. Sure, I'll take these up for you" snatching the signs papers from Derek's hands. She marched up to the desk. Derek started. "Um. So, she's..."

"Wonderful?" He smiled. "I was going to say pushy but yes. Yes, she is. Do you want to go out sometime?"

"Well I generally don't go out with patients, unethical. But I don't want to disappoint the 'tech kitten'." He grinned as you handed him your number. "I'm free tomorrow for dinner, if you wish."

"I'll pick you up at six then." Turning you noticed Garcia had come back. "You got a date?" Both of you nodded. "Good." You turned away. "Make sure 'hot stuff' gets rest will you 'kitten'. I'll see you tomorrow." You walked away purposely swaying your hips with a grin over your shoulder. "I like her." Was Garcia's parting remark.