Spencer Reid x Dead!Reader

I don't own the song The Night We Meet all credit goes to Lord Huron and anyone else involved.

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met

Spencer stared out the window as the rain pelted against glass, he kept thinking he saw you dancing in the street. You loved the way the rain felt against your skin and the way it fell into your hair. Lightening flashed across the sky, thunder rumbled moments later. He sighed and twisted the knob on his radio allowing some music to follow into the room.

And then I can tell myself
What the hell I'm supposed to do
And then I can tell myself
Not to ride along with you

He stared at Emily in shock when she ordered you to go into the hostage situation. He agreed in a way with sending you in, you were a good negotiator. You had once managed to negotiate your way out of trouble once you pranked Cruz, (you were meaning to prank Luke back after he had covered you in paint). Reid's heart stopped when he heard the gunshot, he hoped you had been the one who shot the unsub. When he entered with the rest of the team, he came face-to-face with your still body, blood pooling under you. The unsub was shoot by Luke as Reid moved over to you to apply pressure. "Stay with me, Y/N. Okay? Everything is going to be fine. Keep your eyes open okay?" He turned, to yell for a medic. "Hey, stay awake, okay? Remember the first time we meet, tell me about that okay?" Your eyes flickered, JJ knelt beside you she ran her fingers through your hair smoothing it back. "Tell me how you meet, Spence. Okay, Y/N?" Reid kissed your forehead, "Tell you how you meet me, okay?"

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met

Reid moved closer to the window, he felt the chill coming off the glass. He had missed his chance with you. He thought back to how he had meet you and how he had instantly wanted to protect you from anything that might harm you. He ran his fingers through his hair, watching the rain. He sighed all he wanted to do was kiss you, now he would never get his chance.

When the night was full of terrors
And your eyes were filled with tears
When you had not touched me yet
Oh, take me back to the night we met

He thought back to your last meeting. Reid stared at your still pale figure, your breathing was slow but steady. He wanted no needed you to keep breathing. "Wake up, please?" He begged you, all his conversations with you seemed to him begging you to wake up. "Penelope misses you, well everyone misses you, me especially. I need you to wake okay? I need to tell you, I need to tell you...I... does it need saying?" He laughed softly, "Yeah it does, doesn't it? When you wake up, I'll tell you." Few days later he stood at your funeral, tears pricking his eyes. He walked up to your tombstone when the others had left. "Tell me about the night we meet." His voice cracked with tears.

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Take me back to the night we met