Jameson 'Jamie' Reagan x Girlfriend!Cop!Reader

"Hey! I didn't screw up that bad!" Jamie raised his voice slightly, dropping his eyes back to the table as his father gave him a stern look. It was Sunday and you were all sitting at the dinner table in the Reagan family house. "You ran into a shootout without backup." Danny told his younger brother. "Like you haven't done the same thing." You muttered in unison with about half the table. "Hey, I don't need your judgement!" Danny tried to defend himself. "I had to." Jamie defended himself. "Why?" Henry asked.

"Why am I defending myself or why did I run into a shootout?" Jamie asked. You shrugged. "Both?" Nikki answered. "I am a cop, I did my job." You shared a look with Linda and Erin not wanting to get in the way of Danny and Jamie fight. "Y/N's a cop, a detective and she would not do that. Would you?" Frank Reagan directed the question towards you. You gave a guilty look towards the potatoes, "If there was an innocent civilian involved maybe." You shrugged, "Maybe." Henry scoffed. "Well if someone innocent was involved, then yes I would do my job as detective and I would go into that building and help them. With or without backup." Jamie pointed towards you. "Danny you would have done the same thing. With or without a civilian inside." You told Danny, "Every cop at this table would do the exact same thing. As would any other cop in the NYPD. All due respect commissioner, you know that."

Frank smiled, nodded his head. "You're absolutely right, Y/N. Any cop worth their salt would do the same thing. It does not mean you should go in without back up."

Jamie was smiling into his mashed potatoes. "But that does not mean that you, Jamie are off the hook." He glanced up, "What?"

"You went into a situation without back up, when you could have waited." Danny was throwing a smug smile at his brother when his father was speaking. "That goes for you too, Daniel." Linda added with a growing smirk on her face.

After dinner you and Jamie were standing outside his father's place. "You okay? Are you mad at me?"

"I'm fine. No I'm not mad at you, Y/N. Thank you for sticking up for me." He tugged you into his arms and you wrapped your arms around his neck. "Anytime, sweetheart." He smiled at you and kissed your forehead. After you left his arms, you shivered in the snowy air. The snow swirled around and gathered in your hair, catching in your eyelashes. Jamie watched as you gazed at the sky, he dropped his heavy coat around your shoulders. "I love you, Y/N L/N." He kissed the back off your head and pulled you against his chest. "I love you too, Jameson Reagan."