Kol Mikaelson x Vampire! Ex!Reader

You and Kol had dated for years, even before he had turned you. You had become a vampire after Kol had saved you from hunters who were trying to kill the Original Family. You had hated being what he had created. You wanted to go back to being human, but that would and could never happen. You had accepted what he had made you, but only under protest. You and Kol had broken up after you had found him in bed with another. A witch. A pretty blonde witch. You had shouted your break up and the whole family had heard you. Rebekah loved you like a sister, Klaus as well but that was mainly due to your shared love of painting. They had hated it when you left them and how Kol had treated them. That one day in the 1800s, you had walked out of their lives seemly forever.

---Years later---

You settled in New Orleans after you had heard the Mikaelson's had left. You wanted to stay far away from them. Well far away from Kol. You lived there for years in hiding for some so people wouldn't get suspicious. You came out of hiding a few months after Kol re-arrived in New Orleans.

You were walking down the main street one night. Enjoying the stars, the music, the atmosphere. That was where you saw him, walking towards you wearing all black. Your heart would have hammered if you had been alive. You debated whether or not you should speed out of there. By the time you came to your decision he had stopped in front of you. "Love." He almost whispered the endearment. "Kol." Your voice was cold. He reached up and his fingers brushed wisps of your hair out of your face. "Love, I'm sorry." You raised a brow. "I should never should have betrayed you like that. I never wanted to hurt you, hell I never wanted to lose you. But I know I did because of my actions and I apologise for that. I just need you to know that and I understand if you never want to get back with me. I love you, Y/N." During his speech, tears had welled in his eyes but he fought them back not allowing them to fall. You swallowed the lump in your throat, thinking through the outcomes of getting back or walking away. "Kol, I just don't know." He nodded. "Just one more kiss please, love." You nodded slightly. He kissed you with everything that he had, everything he had felt in the years you had been apart. The passion made the tears begin to fall. Tears fell from both of you as you felt the love he had for you in the kiss.