Part 13

"Hayden, no, don't say that I told you that. You were dreaming, it was just a dream. I love you!" Draco choked out, trying not to cry.

Hayden stopped his struggling and moved his wings so that he could see Draco better. Hayden looked up at Draco with big glistening red eyes, and saw that Draco's silver ones were glistening too.

"What?" Hayden said smally.

"I said I love you, and I always will. No matter what you tell yourself, you are mine and I am yours" Draco said with watery eyes and a small loving smile.

Hayden smiled back, "I love you too!". Suddenly Hayden pressed his lips against Draco's in a deep and loving kiss. Hayden pulled away with a content hum. "I love you too" the small boy repeated quietly while snuggling into Draco's hold on him.

Draco was happy that Hayden had finally calmed down, but was troubled as to the cause of why this all occurred.

He looked down at the boy in his arms and saw that he was sleeping again. Draco smiled at the boy and carefully stood up, making his way over to the bed.

Once Hayden was placed under the covers, Draco slide in next to him. He couldn't bring himself to fall asleep, he didn't even want to.

So, he stayed up, watching the perfect boy in front of him sleep, making sure that nothing came to haunt him again in the night. In the morning, though, Draco would have to ask what that was all about and why he reacted so severely.

He didn't want to bring his mate anymore pain or sorrow, but he had to ask. But right then, he just focused on keeping his love safe until he woke up again in the morning.

-

Hayden woke up the next morning wrapped up in his mates loving warmth. He yawned before snuggling closer to Draco. "Good morning" Hayden hummed.

"Good morning, love" Draco replied, cuddling Hayden closer.

"Hayden?" Draco asked after a couple minutes. "Yes?"

"Do you remember last night? You had a nightmare?" Draco asked gently, hesitantly.

At first Hayden was confused, not remembering his dream, but then it all came back to him and he started to shrink into himself.

"Hey, hey. No, don't do that. It's okay, i'm here" Draco said, slightly panicking and gathering Hayden in arms while sitting up so he could get a better grip on his lover.

After a moment of silence, Draco spoke up, "Hayden? Are you alright?"

"I don't know" the smaller boy said quietly. Should he tell Draco about his past? Would Draco still with him? Would he hate him?