Part 52

"HAYDEN!" Draco yelled as he ran back to the bed.

He panicked not knowing what to do. He tried to look through the flames to see Hayden, but it was like the boy had disappeared!

Without thinking, Draco grabbed the corner of the comforter, ready to completely drag it off the bed to try and get to Hayden, but before he could, a hand took ahold of wrist, keeping it from moving.

When Draco looked to see who's hand it was, he saw Tom staring at him.

"It is best to leave the fire alone so it can do what needs to be done. Do not disrupt it" Tom said, letting go of Draco's hand as the boy's grip on the blanket loosened, tears welling in his eyes.

"I feel so helpless" Draco said, voice heavy with heartache.

"It will be alright, Draco" Severus said, Draco didn't even notice the man enter. "Hayden will be just fine within the hour. We just have to be patient"

-

A little under an hour later, Draco still stood by the bed, watching the flames, impatiently waiting for them to die down.

Tom and Severus were both seated on the couch in Hayden's room, Severus asleep with his head on Tom's shoulder.

After what felt like years, the fire finally began to die down. After a minute, Severus woke up, feeling the fire surrounding his son beginning to die out. Soon all three were standing around Hayden's bed, but when the fire went out, Hayden was nowhere to be seen.

The fire hadn't damaged a single thing in the room or on the bed itself, it was almost like there was never a fire there to begin with. The only thing that was different was the small mound under the blankets of the bed.

The mound wiggled a little before letting out a small whine of distress.

Severus felt a pull at the whine and pulled back the blanket to see exactly what was hiding underneath.