Part 47

A week later in early November, Hayden started to wake up in order to get ready for the second task that is happening early that afternoon.

It's always cold in the mornings in the Slytherin dormitories, because of this Hayden was extra grateful for the heater next to him called Draco Malfoy. Hayden snuggled closer to to the blonde, only to come up with an empty space where Draco should've been laying.

Hayden shot up when he realized Draco wasn't there and couldn't hear him anywhere else in the dorm. He quickly got out of bed, threw on some clothes and hurried to the common room to see if Draco could be in there.

Tears started to well in his eyes when he saw the only person in the common room was Theodore, who was starting a fire in the fireplace.

Theodore turned around when he heard someone running into the room. Looking up, he saw that Hayden was about to cry.

Leaving the fire, Theo crossed the room to get to Hayden.

"Hayden what happened" He asked aching to pull him into a comforting embrace but knowing that he shouldn't.

"I can't find Draco" Hayden said as a tear made a path down his check.

"Hey, calm down. It's okay. Tell me what happened" Theodore gently said as he wiped away the tears from Hayden's cheek.

Hayden looked to the door to the common room before turning back to Theo, "When I woke up this morning, Draco wasn't there. He wasn't in our dorm and he's not here either and I don't know where he could be, and I have to be at the second task on a few hours and I don't know what to do" Hayden cried, almost full on sobbing at this point.

Theodore was panicking! Not know what to do he hesitantly held his arms out for Hayden, not expecting the smaller boy to literally fall into his arms, not showing any signs of stopping his crying.

Theodore gently hugged him, leaving enough room for Hayden in case he didn't want to be hugged.

After a minute, Theo led the other to the couch in front of the fireplace and let Hayden continue crying. After a couple minutes, Hayden had started to calm just a bit when Blaise came into the common room, looking at the two on the couch with a confused expression.

Theo looked up after hearing Blaise clearing his throat, Help me! Theo mouthed over the crying boys head to the Italian.

Blaise finally understanding, made his way over to the couch the pair were seated on. Blaise sat on the other side of Hayden.

"Hayden what's wrong? Where is Draco?" Blaise asked in hopes of comforting the boy in Theo's arms.

"I don't know!" Hayden quietly cried.

"How about we go look for him, huh?" Blaise asked gently, as if Hayden was a child.

Hayden sniffled before nodding his head, slowly moving himself out of Theo's arms. Hayden looked at the other shyly before giving a silent thank you.

-

Blaise and Theo had helped Hayden look for Draco all over the place, the Great Hall, the library, the astronomy tower, they even asked Professor Snape, but couldn't find Draco anywhere.

Dread was settling within Hayden's stomach. "I don't think I can do the task today" Hayden murmured as the three made their way to the courtyard.

"What if Draco is already at the next task waiting for you? I mean, the task is supposed to start soon anyway" Theo spoke up. Hayden thought about it, Theo did have a point. The next task was supposed to start in about a half an hour anyway.