Part 23

Their first class of the day, Defence Against the Dark Arts, was being taught by Barty Crouch Jr., as Hayden's parents had told him, but the rest of the school thought the teacher was Alastair Moody. Thanks to a polyjuice potion, know one will ever know!

The two walked into the classroom a little early and took their seats next each other in the middle of the room, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

Once Moody arrived, the class almost immediately quieted. It was obvious that practically everyone was intimidated by the new Defence teacher.

Moody started the class with a speech, telling the bare minimum about himself before going off and talking about the three most unforgivable curses. Figures he would talk about them since they've been used so much against the opposites sides of the war.

Once he was done demonstrating the curses on a poor spider, the class was dismissed.

On the way out of the class, Hayden noticed that one of the other boys, Neville was a hard time, probably because he had to watch the spider be put under the cruciatus curse.

"Hey, I'll meet you at the next class. I have to go talk to Professor Moody really quick" Hayden told Draco. Draco agreed and the went their separate ways, Hayden walking back into the Defense room.

"Professor Moody?"

"Is there something you need, Hayden?" Moody asked from his display in the center front of the room.

"Yes, actually. I think that you might've traumatised one of the students in the class we just had. Neville."

"Neville" Moody taking a second to remember which student was Neville, "Oh, yes. I remember him. What's wrong with him?"

"I think that you should probably go and find out. It's probably because of the curse you performed right in front of him. Those aren't easy to watch" Hayden said matter of factly.

"Alright, out of my way, i'll go find him" Moody said making his way to the door of the classroom.

"He's on the staircase"

-

That evening at dinner, Hayden and Draco were sitting at the Slytherin table making polite conversation with Pansy and Blaise. After a couple minutes, Dumbledore stood up and quieted the Great Hall.

"I would like to make an announcement now that everything has been arranged" Dumbledore began. The Great Hall broke out in murmurs, everyone wondering what this arrangement is and what it has to do with them.

"This castle would not only be your home this year home to some very special guests as well, you see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event" He paused, for dramatic effect, of course. "The Triwizard Tournament"

Hayden looked to Draco in confusion, he had no idea what this tournament was. Draco just looked back at him with amusement then turned back to Dumbledore. Hayden did the same.

"Now for those of you who do not know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. For each school a single student is selected to compete. Let me clear, if chosen, you stand alone, and trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later for now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, the Headmistress, Madame Maxine!"