Part 53

Severus pulled back the blanket to reveal a little baby Hayden, looking up at them with his big ruby eyes.

All three men stood around the bed looking down at the child with shock all over their faces.

Tom and Severus had almost expected their child's rebirth, and when it finally did happen they were relieved, but didn't in the slightest bit expect to see their only son as a baby for the first time.

Draco was shocked at all that happened, and he definitely didn't expect to see Hayden as a baby!

Severus was the first to break out of their apparent trance at the sight of Hayden's big ruby eyes filling with tears. Quickly, he reached and swooped up his child into his arms, along with the blanket, making sure he was snug and cuddling him into his chest.

"My beautiful baby boy" Severus whispered to Hayden, as Tom soon joined in on their hug.

-

By the time Severus was finally able to get Hayden to go to sleep, it was already way past midnight.

Severus took a seat on a couch by the fireplace in Tom's office, where he sat working on things that needed to get done sooner rather than later.

Severus held Hayden in his arms, admiring his child that he was getting a second chance with.

After a couple minutes of sitting by the fire, Tom came and joined them, tucking Severus' hair behind his ear so he could kiss his cheek.

He looked down at his son, adoring his son and the tiny movements he would make while asleep.

"Sev?" Tom quietly asked after a minute.

Severus just looked at him, giving him his attention non-verbally.

"Hayden is supposed to be the age of a newborn correct?"

"Yes, why"

"Well, he looks as if he has aged almost an entire year since being reborn"

Once Tom pointed it out, Severus carefully studied the baby in his arms, and found that Hayden did look a lot older than he did a couple hours ago.

"Your right," Severus acknowledged, "I wonder if his growth has accelerated to perhaps quickly restore him to the age he was?" Severus though out loud.

"That would make sense. I guess only time will tell whether or not your thought is right" Tom concludes.

-

The next morning, Hayden was wide awake and ready to play with anyone who would join him. Unfortunate for him, he was strapped to a high-chair of sorts for breakfast.

Little Hayden was content though, babbling away and playing with his food. Drawing different shapes into his applesauce.

Suddenly, Hayden looked to his mother. He was done his food and wanted out of his chair.

"Mmmm" he tried to get the attention of his mother who was talking with Draco.

"Mmm-ma" he tried again impatiently.

"Ma-mma" he said, finally catching his mom's attention.

"Ma-ma" he called, sticking his arms out to be picked up. But all his mother did was stare at him.
In fact everyone at the table were staring at the little boy, amazed!