Part 25

"Your attention, please!" Dumbledore called, effectively quieting the excited chatter of the Great Hall. "I'd like to say a few words"

"Eternal glory. That's what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks, for this reason the ministry has seen it fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the department of National Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch"

Dumbledore stepped away from the podium where he was speaking to make way for Mr. Crouch, who seemed as though he were afraid to be there. Hayden wondered if he suspected anything.

"After due consideration," Mr. Crouch started. "The Ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no student under the age of 17, should be allowed to put forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final!"

Of course when that was said, pretty much the entirety of the Gryffindor table and a few Ravenclaws started to protest the new rule. Hayden couldn't care less for the new rule. He had no interest in the Tournament and was frankly quite glad he was not allowed to enter!

-

After showing the Goblet of Fire and telling the student that Tournament had begun, we had all been excused. Some stayed to finish their food, but most left to go back to their dorms, including Hayden and Draco.

Hayden came out of the shower to find Draco already in bed, reading a book.

"Are you alright? You seemed really upset at dinner, tell me what's wrong" Hayden said going to sit on the bed next to Draco.

"I want you to stay away from those Beauxbaton girls. ONe of them is a Veela, I just don't know which one yet" Draco said while putting down his book to look at Draco. "And you are not allowed to anywhere near those Belgians and that's final!" Draco said firmly.

Hayden frowned, "Why not?"

"Because I said so" Draco said, turning to look away from the other boy.

"Aww, are you jealous?" Hayden teased, still Draco didn't look back. "You are aren't you?"

"So what if I am?" Draco finally turned back, a blush covering his face.

"Well, I can tell you right now that you have nothing to worry about" Hayden said. Draco smiled.

"Come on, we should be getting to bed" Hayden continued, getting underneath the covers of the bed and snuggling into Draco.

"Goodnight Draco"

"Goodnight Hayden"