Part 58

Draco realized too late what was wrong with his mate. 

Since this was the first time the Veela in Hayden has shown, it was safe to assume that he didn't recognize Draco as his mate and because that Hayden felt as if he had to protect himself.

Unfortunately, Draco realized this all only a second too late as he felt Hayden's talon like claws slash down on his chest, creating four deep bleeding cuts. 

Draco tried not to cry out in pain but proved to be very difficult. He opened his eyes, not realizing he had closed them, to see Hayden raise his hand again as he bared his teeth.

As soon as he registered what was happening, Draco's silver eyes narrowed and his own fangs and claws appeared. What made Hayden finally recognize Draco though, was seeing his pure white wings unfurl.

Hayden's eyes widened as his as quickly lowered his hand and threw himself off of Draco.

Draco stood, looking down at Hayden a low dominating growl sounding from his throat causing Hayden to whimper before laying flat along the ground in submission.

While Hayden's actions made perfect sense to Draco, it confused him enough to break him out of his creatures trance.

Hayden's submission was entirely Phoenix-like in nature, something Draco's Veela was aware of but not entirely expecting.

He walked closer to Hayden to see that he was shaking slightly and whimpering ever so quietly.

Draco's claws retracted and his eyes went back to normal but his wings stayed in order to give some sense of comfort to the poor boy laying as still as could on the grass.

Draco came to stand over Hayden. Gently, he knelt down so he was on top of the boy, his hands coming to rest on either side of Hayden's head, Draco making sure that he wasn't accidentally pinning Hayden's beautiful wings down. 

Slowly, the blonde leaned down, softly placing his lips on the boy's beneath him in a show of forgiveness.

Hayden kissed back immediately, thankful that his apology was accepted. After a minute Draco started to pull away, but because Hayden's creature was governing his actions and whatnot, he didn't allow Draco to pull away. Instead he pulled him in, kissing him even deeper than before.

Soon the kiss turned hungry with an insatiable need mainly stemming from Hayden. At the same time Hayden brought his hips up to Dracos in a slow grind, wanting to please his mate.

Draco almost immediately moaned into the kiss but stopped himself before he could, soon breaking away from the kiss and making sure to still Hayden's hips by bringing one of his hands down to hold him in place.

Hayden whines as soon as Draco leaned away from his, trying to bring him back in but Draco resisted. He knew that, while Hayden's creature wanted this, Hayden himself wasn't ready and he wanted until he was before moving things along in their relationship.

"Not quite yet, dear" Draco whispered soothingly,
"be patient for just a while longer" he said before pecking him on the lips and leaning down to lay beside his love, cuddling Hayden into his side.

Not long after, the two fell asleep under the stars wrapped in each others wings in their little hideaway in the garden.