Part 51

"What happened" Tom demanded as looked at the bed Hayden was in.

Draco couldn't answer, he didn't understand what had happened, so he just cried harder, not knowing what to do.

"Draco," Serverus asked, more calmly than Tom, "what happened to Hayden?"

Draco hesitantly looked up from where his head was buried in his knees.

His silver eyes shakily fell on the bed where Haydens ashes lay, then back to Severus' black eyes in front of him.

"I-I don't know...I was j-just t-talking with h-him and, and telling h-him about sc-school, and that I-I missed h-him and I-I k-kissed him and, and...." Draco stuttered before more tears streamed down his face.

Severus reaches out to give Draco a consoling hug.
"It's alright, Draco. In fact, I was worried that this wouldn't happen" Severus said to a surprised Draco.
"What?" The blonde questioned.

"Hayden is Phoenix, under normal circumstances this would've happened much faster, I was worried that it wouldn't have happened at all due to what happened at the task" 

"What do you mean?" Draco asked, too emotionally tired to understand what was being told to him.

"He is a Phoenix, Phoenixes are reborn from their ashes. Hayden will be back soon" Severus assured, looking over to were Hayden was.

-

Draco sat next Hayden's bed, twirling the ring he gave him between his fingers. 

He could feel an emptiness in his heart weighing him down.

He sighed, putting the ring in his pocket. He couldn't wait until he could put it in Hayden's finger again.
He stood up from the chair he was in, before slowly making his way to the door so he could go down stairs.

He made it to the door, but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to actually step outside the room.

He sighed once more before turning around to face Hayden's bed.

He couldn't hold back his shouts for help when saw the bed completely engulfed in flames.