Part 28

"Draco, open up. I need to speak with my son"

"No"

"Draco, it's okay. Open your wings" Hayden smiled.

"...Fine" Draco let his wings fall open and almost immediately, the cool air of the building rushed to meet them.

Even though Dracos wings were no longer covering them, that didn't mean Draco was going to let Hayden out of his hold.

Hayden looked into the room to see the other Champions had left and only a select few teachers were there: Severus, of course, Mr. Crouch, McGonagall, and Dumbledore.

Severus was closest to the two while Dumbledore was the farthest.

"Hayden tell me truthfully, did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" Severus asked calmly.

"Of course he didn't! Why w-"

"I want Hayden to answer" Severus said sternly, effectively cutting Draco off. "Hayden, did you put your name in the Goblet?"

"No, I did not, nor did I get someone else to do it for me!" Hayden said as confidently as he could.

"Are you sure?" Dumbledore commented from the other side of the room.

"Of course he's sure! Do you think he is not aware of his own actions?" Draco shot back.

"Albus, there has to be something we can do! We can't possibly let him in the tournament!" McGonagall implored.

Dumbledore looked towards Mr. Crouch who was standing away from everyone else.

"We leave this to you, Barty"

"The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr. Riddle has no choice, he is, as of tonight, a Triwizard Champion"