Part 39

Dear Dumbledore,

I don't have much time but I thought I should at least let you know the reason I am not there for this school year. I have run into a bit of trouble, I can't elaborate much on it here. We need to meet. I don't know if you are aware but is something is happening within the school that is preventing me from returning this year. Please send your response as to where we can meet as soon as possible! I will be waiting. 

- H.P

"Can you take a look at this and tell me what you think?" Hayden called from his spot at his desk.

"Sure" Draco responded, making his way from the bed after putting down the book he had started reading.

"What do you think?" Hayden asked when he saw Draco had finished looking over the letter.

"I think... It's a very well written letter"

"How does it sound? Does it sound urgent?"

"I would be surprised if he doesn't respond by morning" Draco said, leaning down to give the other boy a kiss, smiling when they pull back.

"Thank you" Hayden smiled. "Can you call Hedwig for me, please?"

"Of course" Draco said, walking over to their window and opening it.

Draco whistled a short tune before stepping to the side to let the snowy white owl in the room.

The owl flew right over to Hayden and gave a short trill, happy to be sending a letter for him.

The boy smoothed some of the feathers on the birds head before tying the letter to Hedwig's leg.

"Can you take this to the Headmasters office for me?"

The owl hopped closer to Hayden and butted the arm closest to him in response.

"Thank you" Hayden said before sending the owl on her way.

"Well, I think it is probably about time for dinner, care to join me?" Hayden asked, standing up.