Part 32

Rita Skeeter pushed Hayden into the side room, closing the door behind them.

"You don't mind if I use a quick-quotes-quill do you?"

"Oh, um, no" he said, trying to be polite.

"So tell me, Hayden" She starts as they sit, "Here you sit, a mere boy of 12-"

"I'm 14" Hayden interrupts.

"-about to compete against 3 students! Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself, but who have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?"

"No, why should be concerned? As far I know, I have far more experience than the three out there" He mumbled, watching the quill.

"Just ignore the quill. Of course you're no ordinary boy of 12 are you?" She pressed on.

"14" Hayden interrupted again, more sternly this time.

"Your name must tell a story behind it. Let me guess, your family was lost to you at a young age but have recently found them due to the good will of others, and to prove your worth to them, you were set on entering such a dangerous tournament?"

"No, I didn't enter, an-"

"Oh, of course you didn't!" She smirked, winking at the boy like she knows something. "Everyone loves a rebel Hayde!" She laughed while Hayden scowled.

"Don't call me that" He stated. Skeeter seemed taken aback at the small outburst, before resuming her normal persona.

"Hmm, speaking of your parents, how do you think they'd feel? Proud? Or concerned that your attitude shows at best a pathological need for attention, or worse, a psychotic death wish?"

"Excuse me, who do you think you are? What gives you the right say that? Just because you are journalist doesn't give you the privilege to cross lines like that! Like I told you, I did not enter, I do not who put my name in or why it was spit out! Also, shouldn't your quill only be writing down words verbally said and not making up senseless drabble?" Hayden spoke up, getting annoyed.

Skeeter just tried to laugh it off like every journalist does this, so it should be expected, but frankly, Hayden had had enough.

"I think we are done" He said, getting up and walking to the door. "Good day"