stood up -jonah marais

you are with your friends out at a restaurant and your friend/crush named jonah walks in and sits at a table.
___

"yeah me and y/n had the hardest fucking test today and luckily i barely passed so my parents won't scold me for it but do i care. NOPE." your friend says laughing with the others.

"man, i bet i can top your 'bad day' guess what happened to me, i had to run. A MILE.." your other friend says rolling her eyes.

"thats not that bad.." you say laughing.

"i forgot my gym shoes at home.." your friend says and sighs.

"oop- yeah you win" you say giggling and heard the diner door open.

it was a boy, he looked familiar. it was... oh gosh, jonah from your math class.

you looked away and looked at your friend with a wide eye look.

she immediately went into whispering, "where is he?" she knows you so well.

"next to the exit" you mumble while staying frozen.

"dang he is all dressed up, he must be waiting for a girl" your friend says smirking.

you playfully smack her arm and jonah must of heard because he looked in your direction.

he softly waves at you and then checks his watch.

he goes to sit at his table and is on his phone.
____

an hour passes by. your friends are all chilling on their phones and jonah is still waiting for his date to arrive.

he shows a discouraged look on his face as the waiter goes to his table.

you noticed jonah put ten fingers up to the waiter.. maybe he was going to wait ten more minutes?

"im full y'all, wanna hit the mall now? i can go for a new outfit right about now." your friend says grinning.

you clap your hands in excitement, "yesss! lets go i want to check out the new jeffery star pallet at sephora!" you say getting up fast.

you guys paid for your food and began to walk out which meant you had to pass jonah.

you fixed your hair nervously and tried to look presentable.

the waiter came back to his table as soon as you opened the exit door and you overheard jonah say "yeah i got stood up".

you stopped in your tracks and walked to his table.

"oh hey y/n" jonah said with a weak grin.

"is it true?" you said.

"yeah, i got stood up. again" he said looking embarrassed.

"im sorry. is there anything i can do. i mean i know were friends so i am glad to help somehow" you said smiling.

"yeah i can use someone right now actually." he said and stood up to push in your chair as you sat down.

"thank you" you said with a chuckle and fixed your hair.

you got a text on your phone from your friends outside looking at you.

it read:

friend: GIRL WHAT R U DOING😧

me: IM ABORTING OUR MISSION TO THE MALL! LEAVE WITHOUT ME😳

friend: LMAO okay well don't be nervous. if it goes well i'll buy you something from the mall. DONT BLOW IT!