star gazin' - josh richards

you were bored one night and your friend/crush josh had any idea.
_____

you sat on your bed watching rick and morty and you got a notification on your phone from someone so you grabbed it to check.

it was from josh so you decided to text him back it read:

josh: wanna do something tonight?

you: can't sadly

josh: aw why?

you: because i have to watch my little brother. my parents are out.

josh: call me.

you switched to call him and he picked up the phone.

josh: where is your brother, put him on the phone.

you: wha- ugh okay

you have the phone to him and as they were talking on the phone, you watched your brothers face as he went from normal to excited.

then he gave the phone back to you and you walked back to your room confused.

you: what did you tell him?

josh: that I will let him borrow my ps4 for a whole week if he will let you come out without snitching.

you: oh my gosh josh! you're so slick haha

josh: okayyy okayy, now meet me on my roof. i have an idea.

you: I have never heard a more strange sentence then that... but okay!

you guys hung up and you put on some sweats, a hoodie, and shoes and left your hair down.

as you ran out you told your brother to lock the door and then you bolted to his backyard.

he had the ladder  leading to his roof so you climbed that and seen him chilling and looking at the stars.

"sooo what was the plan?" you said curiously.

"star gazing, sit next to me" he said patting next to him.

you sat and he said, "i always did this growing up. it always hit different to me, like I would be in my own thoughts and deep think".

"well what should we talk about?" you said grinning at him.

"umm, let's talk about..... the neighborhood or something" he said giggling.

"okay well my neighbor is so annoying, susan's dumbass can't stop having boys over all the tim-

you stopped talking and looked at josh who was trying not to laugh. but he failed.

"I'm sorry haha, I just needed to get that out I guess" you said fixing your hair.

"no it's good let it out, it's not healthy to bottle things in all the time." he said looking to the side of him.

"do you need to get something off your chest joshie" you said looking at him.

"i- i have this crush, she goes to our school and i am having doubts because I don't know if she feels the same way about me. so I wanna confess my feelings without looking like a clown. and im trying to find out a way i can ask her." he said looking at you.

"oh, okay well usually if I like someone, I would be forward and say, 'hey, I really like you. and I think you're really cute. can we go out sometime?' but I never really use that line because, i can't work up the courage to tell my crush either." you said looking at the floor.

"do you mind, if i test it out. like practice?" he said nervously.

"yeah sure!" you said smiling.

"erm-..... hey, I really like you. and I think you're really cute. can we go out sometime?" he said smiling and then let out a relieving sigh.

"yeah perfect! see no need to worry!" you said giggling and playfully nudged his arm.

"okay I think im ready to ask her!" he said  getting excited.

you phone sent a notification from your parents that they were on their way so you looked at josh and said, "im sorry joshie but i have to go now, my parents are on their way home"

he said smiling, "yeah go ahead! we can do this again another time!"

you took the ladder down and ran across the street to your house and your brother  opened the door for you.

you ran to your room to get changed and when you were done you plopped down on your bed and began to watch rick and morty again.

another phone notification popped up and is said josh was calling on FaceTime.

you smiled and answered.

he said, "hey. i forgot to ask you something important....."

you were waiting for him to ask whatever it is.

"... y/n, I really like you. and I think your really cute. throughout the times being with you, I always enjoy your company. including tonight. I know this sounds dorky but... can we go out sometime?" he said giggling.

"joshie, you're my cute dork. and this is perfect because i like you too. so yes, i will love to go out with you." you said blushing with a smile.

"so when we were on the roof, that was me you were talking about?" he said smiling.

"yes it was all you, from the start." you said giggling.

"I love you, already y/n" josh said blushing.

"I love you too, joshie" you said blushing and covered your face.
_____

an: hey y'all we hit 100k! thank you guys for letting me be able to write for y'all. it makes me happy knowing there is ppl out there who actually enjoy my stories♡

hope you guys liked this one! like, vote and comment request for more!

and the series "pen-pal" is coming soon! :)