Christmas party

My sister forced me to publish this early, so... here it is.
(She's on dish duty now...)

Mioha chatted with Hermione on their way to lunch, not having seen her friend all day

"How was Arithmancy?", the Slytherin asked and hoisted the strap of her bag further up her shoulder.

"It's so interesting!", said Hermione with bright eyes. "I love the predictability of it, you know. You just need a formula, some numbers and that's it!"
She grimaced.
"That's completely different from Divination."

Mioha laughed.
"I think a little unpredictability makes life interesting", she said as they descended the marble staircase. "I mean, there are so many things I wouldn't have expected to happen."

Hermione shot her a sly look.
"Like you befriending a certain Slytherin?"

Mioha turned pink.
"We've had this discussion before", she said flustered.
"And besides, I don't think he'd be interested in me that way."

"Uhu."
Hermione smiled knowingly, but didn't ask any further, for which Mioha was grateful for.
She was herself a little confused the way her stomach seemed to flutter when she saw him. Draco was certainly good-looking, but what she appreciated most about him was his loyalty to his friends and the people most important to him. And he had an interesting sense of humor. He definitely had to laugh more often...

"Hello? Earth to Slytherin?"
Hermione waved with a book in front of Mioha's face.

She blinked confused.
"Sorry, what?"

"I think you were on cloud nine for a moment", Hermione giggled and packed her book away. "I said I was worried a bit about Harry. You know Slughorn's Christmas party is coming up soon?"

Mioha grimaced and nodded.

"Well, Harry hasn't asked anyone yet to go with him and I overheard some Gryffindors in the bathroom. They want to slip him a love potion."

"I thought Harry would ask Ginny", said Mioha surprised.

"He's planning on it, but you know boys. They are extremely slow in that department, always waiting for the last minute. I fear Romilda Vane is someone I need to keep my eye on, she seems very determined on getting Harry to ask her."
Hermione frowned.

"Don't worry", Mioha tried to calm her. "I'm sure Harry is too smart to eat or drink anything from Romilda."

Hermione shot her a doubtful look before they separated and seated themselves at their house tables.

Mioha took her usual seat next to Erica, Levinia, Astoria and Ethel, who all fell silent the moment she sat down. She looked at them confused.
"What's the matter?"

"Well", said Erica slowly, trading a look with the other three witches. "We've been thinking...and we think you're not telling us everything."

Mioha arched an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?"