Fast and Fleet

„Always be light on your feet, Ms

„Always be light on your feet, Ms. Mioha!", the small wizard exclaimed and jinxed her from behind.

„Ouch!", Mioha groaned and turned around quickly, throwing up a shield to block the next stinging hex.

Those really burned. The spot they hit stung for a long time.

Mioha felt another jinx crash against her shield, but it held perfectly.

Professor Flitwick was unbelievably fast, using his small size mercilessly against her.

And he had another advantage.

Mioha was blindfolded.

She stumbled to the side when another stinging hex hit her in her stomach.

Focus!, she scolded herself and cast a shield that would surround her completely, like a round protection circle.

„Do not wait for me to attack", Professor Flitwick said to her left, and she reacted lightning fast, dropping her shield and shooting a jinx into his direction.

She heard him block it, but then it got quiet.
She strained her ears for the slightest noise, but he seemed to have cast a silencing spell on him.

Mioha sniffed.
And a some kind of spell that made him not smellable.

„Use your magic as your sixth sense", a voice to her right suddenly said.
Mioha snapped her head around and thrust her left hand to the right, summoning a gust of wind that would knock him down.

The wind whooshed past her, making her hair flutter to the side.

„Not bad", Professor Flitwick said and cast another stinging hex that hit her squarely in the chest.

Mioha stumbled backwards and bent over, gasping heavily to breathe the pain away.

Anger surged through her veins.

She was sick of always failing!

Use your magic as your sixth sense, he had said.

Fine.
Mioha breathed in deeply and concentrated on her inner center, filled with silver energy.

When she breathed out, she created an invisible fine-meshed net on the ground of the hall, which extended around her for about five meters. Two meters two her right, she felt a ball of yellow energy trip into her net.

Without thinking twice, Mioha flicked her hand forward, aiming at Professor Flitwick a stinging hex, which he blocked effortlessly.

„Better", he acknowledged in his high voice.

Mioha could feel him moving around her as if she were seeing him right in front of her, and she rapidly shot one spell after the other at the wizard, not missing once.
His reflexes were impressive, he blocked several spells and deftly evaded the others, hopping around nimbly on his feet.