Pansy's punishment

Since I published three chapters in a row, I probably won't be able to update until next week 😬
Enjoy 💜.

"Minerva, over here!", Poppy called out urgently and her colleague carefully levitated Miss Mioha onto a bed. "She's having trouble breathing. Hand me the Essence of Rue."
The matron pointed at the red phial in her cabinet.

Minerva hurried to fetch it, while Poppy unclasped Miss Mioha's robe. The girl was wheezing heavily, her eyes had rolled back into her head and her lips were already turning a shade of blue.

Poppy hurriedly accepted the phial from Minerva and opened it.
"Hold her by her shoulders", she instructed and laid an arm behind Miss Mioha's head.

Minerva fought to keep her resolve and did as she had asked. Poppy carefully put the phial to the girl's lips and counted the amount of drops that fell out.
At once, Miss Mioha's breathing eased and she stopped gasping for air.

"Severus will have to brew an antidote", said Poppy and closed the phial,l. The two witches carefully lowered the girl back onto the bed. "This will fight the poison for now. She'll need to take it regularly until it is completely out of her system."

Minerva let out a ragged sigh and wiped with her hand over her face.
"I need a whiskey, Poppy", she said tiredly.

——————————————————

"So, all in all, not one of Mioha's better days?" said Fred.

It was evening; the hospital wing was quiet, the windows curtained, the lamps lit. Mioha's was the only occupied bed. Ron, Draco, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny were sitting around her; they had spent all day waiting outside the double doors, trying to see inside whenever somebody went in or out. Madam Pomfrey had only let them enter at eight o'clock.
Fred and George had arrived at ten past.

"This isn't how we imagined your year going," said George grimly, sitting beside Ginny.

"Yeah, when we pictured Ron freaking out about school work, she was conscious," mumbled Fred.
He drew up a chair beside Harry and looked at Mioha's pale face.

"How exactly did it happen, Harry?"

Harry retold the story he had already recounted, it felt like a hundred times, to Dumbledore, to McGonagall, to Madam Pomfrey, to Hermione, Draco and to Ginny.

"... and then I got the bezoar down her throat and her breathing eased up a bit. Slughorn ran for help, McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey turned up, and they brought Mia up here. They reckon she'll be all right. Madam Pomfrey says she'll have to stay here a week or so ... keep taking Essence of Rue ..."

"Blimey, it was lucky you thought of a bezoar," said George in a low voice.

"Lucky there was one in the room," said Harry, who kept turning cold at the thought of what would have happened if he had not been able to lay hands on the little stone.

Hermione gave a sniff and Ron laid an arm around her, looking grim as well. After the little love-potion incident had been cleared up, Hermione had apologized for her reaction earlier. Having hurried, white-faced, up to Harry outside the hospital wing and demanded to know what had happened, she had then gotten Draco, knowing he would want to know.

"Do Mum and Dad know?", Fred asked Ginny.

"They've already seen her, they arrived an hour ago-they're in Dumbledore's office now, but they'll be back soon..."

There was a pause while they all watched Mioha mumble a little in her sleep.

"So the poison was in the drink?" said Draco quietly.