Canada

The next morning, Mioha woke up beneath an oak tree in the Forest room

The enchanted ceiling was grey and covered with thick clouds that barely let a streak of sunlight through. Yawning widely, she stretched her arms out over her head and rubbed her eyes.
It had to be around six o'clock.
A soft breeze blew through her hair as Mioha got to her feet. The air was silent besides the soft singing of a few robins.
The Slytherin spread her wings and quickly flew to the door. She would have to change quickly in her dorm and then meet Professor McGonagall in her office. The Transfigurations teacher had been silent during her watch over Mioha in the Forest room, but Mioha knew she was still angry.

Twenty minutes later, Mioha knocked at Professor McGonagall's office, rubbing her dry eyes with her other hand.

"Enter", said a voice briskly.

Mioha pushed the door open and stepped into the red room. Professor McGonagall, showing no trace of having stayed up all night, she was sitting at her desk in her usual green robes and tight bun.

"Sit down, Miss Mioha", said Professor McGonagall and looked up.

The Slytherin closed the door and seated herself in the chair in front of her desk, nervously rubbing the toes of her feet together.
Professor McGonagall looked at her grimly over her gold-rimmed spectacles.
"I expect an answer, lass. Ye already almost had a detention with Professor Umbridge and now she almost saw ye transformin'!"

Mioha's cheeks reddened in shame.
"I'm sorry", she apologized quietly. "It was because I skipped Care of Magical Creatures yesterday morning. Professor Umbridge noticed because she had inspected Hagrid that morning, and then she was making me do lines about not skipping class."

"And why exactly did ye feel the need tae skip class?"

Mioha fidgeted with her sleeves. She didn't want Hagrid to get into trouble, but she had to tell the truth.
"Hagrid showed us Thestrals yesterday. And it- it was actually quite interesting, but the problem is, Thestrals hate Silverwings. A few were starting to get angry at me and telling me to leave. I did not want to risk anything, so I snuck away."
Mioha kept her eyes down on her hands.

Professor McGonagall sighed and took off her spectacles.
"That makes much more sense. But of course, we cannot tell that to Professor Umbridge."
Her eyes bored into Mioha's.
"Accordin' to Madam Pomfrey, ye spent th' last night cleanin' out the bedpans. Professor Umbridge cannot get suspicious about ye, so I will see what punishment she wants to use in yer detention this time, hopefully without bloodquills."

Mioha nodded.
"Thank you."
She had to stifle another yawn.
How come her professors never looked tired after watching her on a full moon?

Letting her glasses dangle around her neck on a thin, gold chain, Professor McGonagall stood up and walked to the door.
"I think 't is time for breakfast, Miss Mioha."