The Yule Ball 1

Mioha's dress and earrings:

It was six o'clock in the evening

It was six o'clock in the evening. Only two hours were left until the begin of the Yule Ball and Mioha was with Hermione to get ready.

Since the Slytherin did not want to share the bathroom in her dorm with three other hostile Slytherins, Hermione had smuggled Mioha into the Gryffindor tower so they could get ready in peace. Her roommates, Parvati and Lavender, were elsewhere, so it was pleasantly quiet in the Gryffindor bathroom.

"You know what?", said Hermione, eyeing Mioha critically, "you should leave your hair completely down. Don't put any of it up."

Mioha shook her head.
"I don't like it when all of my hair is down", she replied, "I prefer the half-up-half-down way."

"But you always wear that!"

"So? I like it."

"Why don't you let me try something and if you do not like it, you can do your daily hairdo."

Shooting Hermione a glare, she finally gave in.
"Fine."
Pretending to sulk, Mioha sat down on a chair, facing Hermione.

Hermione whipped out her wand and expertly pointed it at Mioha's head, before mumbling some kind of hair charms the Slytherin had never heard before.
She felt her hair fall around her shoulder and noticed out of the corner of her eyes that it seemed to look shinier than before.

After only a minute, Hermione was finished.

"Done!"

"What? Already?"

"Just look into the mirror."

Mioha rolled her eyes and stood up to stand in front of the mirror.
Her hair was falling in soft curls around her face, gleaming in a healthy way in the bathroom light.

It looked beautiful.

"Aaand?", Hermione asked expectantly.

Mioha sighed, accepting her defeat.