Order meeting

Happy third of Advent! 🕯 🕯 🕯

"One."

Water whipped through the air, recoiling at the tip like the end of a snake's tail.

"Two."

It whirled around outstretched hands in a wide circle at such high speed, it became a glinting blur. It was lowered down until it was barely a centimeter above the floor.

"Three."

The water followed the hands' movements as they rose up into the air again. Above their heads the water concentrated together into a tight, massive ball of water.

"One."

The liquid elongated into a sharp, narrow whip and once more whipped around the heads of the two witches and the wizard.

"Two."

They lowered their hands again until the water rushed around them in a low circle. Mioha exhaled and trust her right arm forward, her movements synchronized with the ones of Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape.

"Three", the Scottish witch said on their inhale and six hands rose up again.

Mioha felt her concentration drift off and she had to force herself to remain focused. Doing the same three movements over and over was very repetitive and soon became boring. But the point was that despite learning new techniques every week, the basics were the most important. They were the backbone to the more complicated techniques, and the key to winning or losing. They had to become as easy to her as breathing was.

"One."

The doors of the Magnus Antrum opened and a short wizard fluttered into the room, his iridescent dragonfly-like wings buzzing quietly.

"The meeting will start soon", said Professor Flitwick and landed lightly on the floor. He kept a safe distance from the practicing witches and wizard and watched interestedly how the water flowed through the air, not a single drop out of place.
Miss Mioha's eyes glowed brightly in a strong silver, as did the symbols that had appeared on her hands and face. It looked as if she were wearing a mask, one that framed her eyes and ran down her cheeks. The student perfectly controlled the water's flow and Professor Flitwick nodded approvingly. It seemed as if soon, the student would become the teacher.

"Two."

Severus' and Minerva's movements were graceful. The wizard moved like a panther while the older witch still had elegance in her stance despite her age.

"Three."

The water was lowered down to the ground again.

"'N' to th' side."

At precisely the exact same time, Miss Mioha, Severus and Minerva  bent their knees and extended their right leg. They shifted their weight onto it and whipped their hands out to their right. The water rushed through the air and crashed back into a large tank, its splash sending tiny drops everywhere.

"Filius", Minerva nodded at him and straightened back up.

Miss Mioha lowered her hands and blinked several times. The glow of her skin and eyes faded and their color was restored to normal.

"Good work, Miss Mioha", said Professor Flitwick excitedly.

The Slytherin smiled thankfully.
"Thank you, sir."

"Let us get to th' Council Room then", said Minerva.

Professor Snape brushed past Mioha out of the Magnus Antrum, shooting her a glare.
It had been a week since the little...redecoration incident. The sunflowers had, thank Merlin, not received any damages and instead found a new home throughout the castle. But Mioha had to be careful whenever she walked past them since the sunflowers always tried to wrap her into a 'hug'.
Professor Snape hadn't been able to give her detention for her behavior because it hadn't actually been her fault. But the yellow sunflowers had probably put her onto his bad side for a long, long, loooong while.