May

It was raining.

Mioha stared out of the window of her room, sitting at her bed with a book in her lap.
The water moved restlessly, a tentacle appearing in the murky green water every now and then.

She was supposed to be reading about the War of the Goblins, but couldn't focus.

Buckbeak's death was getting closer each day, and somehow this had helped Hermione and the boys to reconcile.

Draco was being a stupid as ever, making comments on how Buckbeak's head would look good on his wall.

Hermione, to everyone's surprise, had slapped him right in the face when he was mocking Hagrid during Care of Magical Creatures.

Mioha grinned at that memory.

The final Quidditch match was coming up soon, Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

Oliver was training his team harder than ever, he was probably training right now. Marcus Flint had vowed to bring the Quidditch Cup to Slytherin, and all of the Slytherins playing were ready to give it their best, come what may.

Mioha admired their determination, she just hoped it wouldn't result in them resorting to fouler measures, as they had done before during games.

Closing her book, Mioha leaned back and stared at the ceiling of the room.
This problem with Peter Pettigrew was still confusing her.
Her shock over Sirius Black entering the Gryffindor tower had faded, and now more rational thoughts started to form in her mind.

If Sirius Black was the murderer of the muggles and Peter Pettigrew, then Peter shouldn't have been alive in the first place.

Or was the rat in the end just a normal rat?

Mioha doubted it.

The rat had acted so strangely before it disappeared, it seemed to most logical explanation that Scabbers was actually a human.

But if Peter Pettigrew had been alive all these years as a rat, Mr. Black couldn't have killed him.

So Mr. Black had to be innocent.

Mioha groaned and rubbed her hands over her face.

She was absolutely clueless about what to do next.

Crookshanks and Mr. Black had disappeared completely, and not even Scabber's dead body was to be found on Hogwarts' grounds.

Nobody would believe her except maybe Professor Lupin or Professor Dumbledore, if she would tell her suspicion.

Mioha determinedly got up and left her room, walking through the common room and exiting it through the wall.

She would go to Professor Lupin now.
She had put this off long enough, and he would answer her some questions this time.

Forcing herself not turn around, Mioha walked out of the dungeons and up to the floor where Professor Lupin's office was.
She got slower, until she finally stopped in front of the door.

And stared at it.

She didn't know how long she stood there, fighting a mental battle in her head whether this was smart or stupid, when a voice suddenly said: "Can I help you?"

Mioha whirled around, facing Professor Lupin who had appeared out of nowhere.

He chuckled.
"I'm sure my door is quite fascinating, but how about we go through it?"

Mioha blushed and stepped aside, following the Professor into his office.
"So", Professor Lupin said after they had both sat down.
"What can I do for you?"