Back in Slytherin

Things quickly resumed to their normal pace.
Esma still followed Jessamine as much as possible, playing her protector, which Jessamine found sweet.

The Slytherin's kept their distance, although most of them were less hostile to her since she had helped them win the House Cup last year.

Draco was still the same as always, constantly flanked by Gregory, Vincent, Daphne and Pansy.
Jessamine didn't really understand his role in her house, he acted like he was the prince of Slytherin.

Luna and Hermione came over to the Slytherin table that morning, to see if Jessamine had really flown with the boys to Hogwarts.

Hermione immediately rattled off all the school rules they had broken, which caused Luna and Jessamine to share a glance and grin.

There was one big surprise during breakfast after Hermione and Luna had returned to their tables.

Well, actually two surprises.

One was Mrs. Weasley's howler.

Jessamine grimaced as she covered her ears from the woman's booming lecture, Esma hiding in her robes.

Everybody in the Great Hall heard it.

"— STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE —"

Jessamine thought Ron couldn't sink any further into his chair.

"— LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU, HARRY AND JESSAMINE COULD HAVE DIED —"

Ron's face and his hair looked exactly the same in color.

"— ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED — YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

The letter destroyed itself, showing Mrs. Weasley's wrath by ripping itself to shreds.
Harry patted Ron awkwardly on the back and mumbled something, probably an apology.

The second surprise that rendered most of the Hall speechless, came flying through the ceiling.

It was a large eagle, entering the Great Hall the way owls usually did.
Flying around in circles, it finally spotted its target and landed on the Slytherin table.

It was Sisi.

The osprey shook out her large wings and cawed tiredly, before padding over to Jessamine's plate and gobbling down a large piece of toast.

Jessamine could only stare.
As did everybody else.

Esma, however, hopped down from Jessamine's shoulder and started cheeping happily.

The osprey shrieked something back and dipped her large beak into Jessamine's pumpkin juice.

Jessamine's face broke into a smile, as she reached out and tenderly stroked the shiny feathers of the eagle.

"What are you doing here, Sisi?", she whispered astonished.

Jessamine looked up at the High Table, where the Professors looked at the osprey, stunned.
Except Professor Dumbledore, whose eyes were twinkling in amusement, and Professor Snape, whose face was emotionless as ever.

Professor Dumbledore motioned Jessamine to come up to him, and obeying with weak knees, Jessamine walked to the High Table, stopping before the Headmaster.