A disease?

"Are you sure you want to come?", Mioha asked Orlai, who pranced around her agitatedly

The golden unicorn threw her head back and snorted loudly.
"I can't sit around and wait, I want to help somehow. So, I will follow you to Perius' herd and make sure nothing happens to you."

"I don't want you to get into trouble, though", said Mioha carefully, bending a branch to the side to let the unicorn pass.
"You have come with me every time I visited the others. Aren't you worried you will catch something?"
She followed and let the branch snap back into its original place.
"Won't you get in trouble?"

"I won't", Orlai answered evasively, avoiding Mioha's eyes.

The girl sighed.
"You didn't ask Rorinn."

The golden unicorn stayed silent, trotting next to her as they walked through the quiet forest.

"Orlai", Mioha said in a warning tone.

"She would have said no anyway!", Orlai said stubbornly and stomped with a hoof.
"And she won't notice if I'm gone for a bit. I get on her nerves anyway."

Can't imagine why, Mioha thought tiredly.
Great. Should anything happen to Orlai, Rorinn would surely impale Mioha for getting a member of her herd in danger.

"Don't worry", Orlai neighed comfortingly.
"I'll tell her I followed you and you didn't know about it."

"Like all the other times you followed me and I didn't notice", Mioha mumbled sarcastically.

They followed the curved way of a brook deeper into the forest. Orlai's hooves echoed loudly when she stepped on the rocks along the stream's shore.

Mioha walked next to Orlai, her eyes wandering over the unicorn's shimmering fur more than once.

It should have lightened up by now, she thought.

Suddenly, the wind changed. It had blown against them and now changed its direction, blowing from behind.

Mioha tensed as her nose picked up a smell from behind them.
She and Orlai shared a glance.

There was someone following them.

It was someone from Hogwarts, Mioha could smell that. But she couldn't figure out who exactly it was, since the scent of hundreds of students seemed to cling to this person.

Stay calm, Mioha told Orlai after connecting her mind to the unicorn's.
It is a student.

Shall we disappear?, Orlai asked mischievously, looking at Mioha with glinting eyes.

The girl had to smirk. Orlai was still a foal that loved to play.
Yet she said: I don't know if that wouldn't be too weird. I shouldn't draw anymore attention to myself.