Times are changing

August passed and was replaced with September

August passed and was replaced with September. The warm summer breeze still blew around the massive castle, but every now and then a chill would suddenly sneak up on you; a fresh wind telling of the nearing autumn. The trees of the Forbidden Forest still bore leaves in a lush green, yet the edges started to get a yellow tinge.
Sisi had once again left for her journey south. On the day of her departure, she flew around the castle and screeched a goodbye before taking off. Following her little ritual, Mioha stood at the edge of the black lake, watching her feathered friend soaring into the distance.

Next to her stood Gandalf, his beard swaying gently in the wind. His blue eyes were directed on the white clouds that slowly passed across the landscape.
Both were silent, yet it was a comfortable silence. Miohe didn't feel like the headmaster was going to ask her something unpleasant. The old wizard seemed content with just enjoying the beautiful day.

"You know", Gandalf suddenly broke the silence and turned to face her ruefully. "When I was sought out by the Valar to protect the earth, I would have never imagined to see your kind almost get wiped out to extinction."
He sighed.
"I sometimes wonder what would have happened had I anticipated what Tom's followers would do."

"It's not your fault, sir", Mioha said quietly, her fingers playing with her sleeves.

Gandalf shook his head, his long white hair falling down his back.
"I have failed, Mioha. And I know that nothing can change the past, yet...there are always times when one thinks of what could have happened."

Mioha looked to the side.
Gandalf was a tall wizard with a strong presence, and obviously more powerful than any normal man. But suddenly, he looked old and tired, as if he was now just a normal old wizard who had seen too much.
It had to be hard to carry so much responsibility, she realized. There was no way he could make it right for everyone. He had to make decisions while knowing that there woukd always be someone who would suffer from it.

The headmaster looked back at her and then his eyes started twinkling again.
"I am bound to live for a long time. But the time I have spent here at Hogwarts will be one I surely will not forget for a long while."

Mioha smiled.

"Ah", said Gandalf quietly, looking through his spectacles across the grounds to the gates of Hogwarts that shimmered in the distance. "Will you excuse me? I need to have a word with Severus..."

Mioha watched how a tall figure dressed in black strode up the pathway.
Professor Snape had returned. Gandalf slowly made his way up to the castle to meet the Potions Master at the double doors. When Professor Snape arrived, both wizards disappeared through the doors.

Mioha bit her lip as her eyes gazed back at the lake.
Should she ask about Draco? Or would the professors simply think she was an overreaction teenager?

Everything was surely fine. She would see Draco at the start of term.

She stayed outside for another while and then decided to fly a little. The flying parcours was not set up, but Mioha still had a pleasant time flying up to the clouds and gliding above the castle. She was so high up, she felt like she was on top of the world and all her problems were left at the ground, tiny and trifling.