Legilimency

„And? What did Snuffles say?", Mioha asked eagerly the next day while they were outside next to the Abraxans' paddock

„Crouch has been disappearing more often", Harry said, looking at Mimas and Titan playing in the wet grass.
„His house looks deserted and he doesn't show up for the tasks..."

„Percy thinks he is overworked", Ron added, keeping a safe distance from the fence. The Abraxans were a size too large for him, so they watched the winged horses from a spot ten meters away.
„And Sirius says that is fishy. Why would Crouch work so hard for the Tournament and then not turn up? And then there's this thing with Bertha Jorkins, a ministry worker. She's been missing for months now."

„You forgot Crouch's son", Hermione reminded him and turned to Mioha with a serious look on her face.
„Barty Crouch Junior was sent to Azkaban by his own father because he was found with a group of Death Eaters."

„Was he one?", asked Mioha a little surprised.

Hermione shrugged.
„They don't know. But he got sent there, and died a year later. Si-Snuffles saw him come in."

„His mother died after that too, and Mr. Crouch was sent to the Department of International Magic Cooperation because his reputation dropped. He almost would have become the minister", Ron said.
„I don't get why Percy follows him like a lovesick puppy."

„So, Mr. Crouch is a ruthless man who is hellbent on following the rules?", Mioha wondered aloud.
„That reminds me a lot of Professor Moody."

„He is not at all like Moody", Harry defended the old wizard.
„Crouch allowed Aurors to use Unforgivables and to kill. He basically became a cold Death Eater hunter, but acted almost the same as the ones on the dark side. Moody however, always tried to bring the people he caught alive to the ministry, so they could be questioned."

„Doesn't explain why Mr. Crouch doesn't show up anymore", Mioha mumbled thoughtfully.

„Snape and Karkaroff were talking yesterday after Potions", Harry said with a scowl on his face. „And Karkaroff showed Snape something on his arm. We think-"

"I don't", Hermione protested.

Harry shot her an annoyed look.
"Fine. Ron and I think that Snape and Karkaroff are Death Eaters, and that Crouch is here to investigate-"

"But why doesn't he turn up then?", Hermione asked hotly.
"Professor Dumbledore would never hire Professor Snape if he were a Death Eater."

Wrong, Mioha thought.
Professor Snape was a Death Eater as far as she knew, but only to help if- when Voldemort returned.

"Crouch searched through Snape's office!", Ron retorted. "Harry saw him on the map the night he took that bath, remember Jess?"

The Slytherin nodded slowly.
There was a big piece missing in the picture. And she knew it had something to do with her missing memories.
Oh, how she wished she could remember! It would finally ease this nagging feeling in the back of her head that made her feel like she had forgotten something important.