Swift

Viktor stopped by shortly after Ron, Hermione and Harry

"Hey, Jessamieene", he said when he entered the Hospital Wing in his usual slouching posture.
"Hov arre you feeling?"

"Hey", Mioha greeted him and sat up, leaning against the pillows in her back.
"I'm good, only a little bored now."

Viktor pulled put a stool and sat down, slumping his shoulders to not appear so big next to Mioha.

"I want to thank you for saving me in the black lake", Mioha started. She fidgeted nervously with the sleeve of her gown.
"I'm sure I wouldn't have made it up in time without you."
She peeked up, not really sure what to say.

Viktor was just looking at her, his dark eyes not portraying anything.

"If I can do anything to repay you-"

The Durmstrang shook his head.
"No", he interrupted her.
"I vas vorried I had been too slow ven you vere unconscious. Luckily, the-" he stopped, searching for the right word. "The kreken? He pulled us out."

"Still", Mioha protested.
"I owe you my life too. So, thank you."
She smiled shyly.

Viktor looked down, seeming a bit uncomfortable being Mioha's gratitude.
"It vas nothing", he mumbled.
"I am just happy you arre safe."

Mioha blushed, but thank Merlin Viktor didn't see it since he was busy fixing his shoes with his eyes.

When the Durmstrang student left, Mioha felt like she had to do something in return for him.
She owed him her life, after all.

Neville and Luna came by as well, followed by Erica and some other Slytherin third-years who told her how much they admired her keeping her cool in the lake.

Ginny came bursting through the door like a red fireball, throwing herself at Mioha and sobbing that she had thought the Slytherin was dead.

Mrs. Weasley wrote her another letter, but luckily, it wasn't a Howler this time. She was upset, however, since Professor Dumbledore had told her and all the other Order members what had happened.

But the best surprise came in the afternoon.

The windows were tilted to let in some fresh air and to get out the stuffy air inside the Hospital Wing.
Mioha was busy chatting with Mrs. Norris, the cat sitting on her bed, when suddenly something small shot through the cracked open window.
It made loud screeching noises and starting hovering in front of Mioha's face, who flinched back in surprise.

"How dare you put yourself in danger like that!", the bundle of feathers shrieked.
"I had to find out from Zuki, who found out from Hedwig, that you had almost died! ARE YOU INSANE?"