The Kraken 1

It almost seemed as if things were going back to normal

Harry wasn't shunned as much anymore as he had been in the beginning. It was astounding how fast people could change their opinion on whether hating him or liking him.

Mioha got some unwanted attention since she was the one who almost drowned.
Getting some comments from other Slytherin fourth-years on how she should have drowned, Mioha realized how many Slytherins actually stayed silent and left her alone, which was unexpected.
She didn't know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing.
Where they planning something?

Draco, for instance, had hardly spoken to her this year. But she noticed how he watched everything silently.
It was a little creepy, she never knew where his grey eyes would land next. And it seemed like everything he saw, every detail, was saved in his memory for a later purpose.

The moment she noticed how his eyes seemed to be fixed on Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid, she knew why.

Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid had both been there when she had healed Draco from the Wyvern's posion. That meant-

He had been awake.
And he remembered.

The day she noticed this was a week after her release out of the Hospital Wing.
And she was one hundred percent sure that this time she was correct.

Fighting not to let her anxiety get to her head, Mioha tried to keep her cool while getting through her classes until she would be able to go to the headmaster.
He would surely know what to do.

And the good thing was, Draco did not know she was the Silverwing.

Repeating that thought over and over in her head, Mioha continued taking notes in Professor Babbling's class, although her hands were so sweaty from her nervousness, her pencil kept slipping out between her fingers.

Finally the afternoon arrived, and Mioha quickly took her chance since most students were either outside to get some fresh winter air, or inside in their common rooms.

The gargoyle jumped aside with crunching movements without demanding a password, although he shot Mioha a hard glade out of his stony eyes.

Esma was perched on her shoulder, the brown female sitting comfortably on her right.
She and Swift had decided to stay longer than a few days, so their visit had already stretched into a week.

Mioha didn't mind though.
It felt like the good old times, walking through the castle with Esma on her shoulder.
Swift was too suspicious of humans to wander with her around the castle. So while Esma was spending time with Mioha, he decided to introduce himself to the owls, stating proudly that he was Esma's mate.

The Slytherin quickly ascended the stone steps, her shoes making soft thudding sounds as she hurried up the spiral staircase.
Reaching the top a little breathlessly, Mioha raised her hand to knock against the heavy door.