The First Task

During Care of Magical Creatures, Harry and Hermione updated Mioha on what had happened in the morning

During Care of Magical Creatures, Harry and Hermione updated Mioha on what had happened in the morning. Harry had told Cedric about the dragons, which Mioha found was chivalrous of Harry. And Professor Moody had given Harry the tip to use his talent during the Tournament, which was flying. So Harry needed to summon his Firebolt.

"We'll practice the Summoning charm with you", Mioha said encouragingly, feeling relieved that they wouldn't have to resort to loads of Dragon Nip.

The Blast-Ended Skrewts had calmed down a lot since the beginning of the term, and Hagrid gave Slytherin twenty points since it had been Mioha's idea to built the paddock.

Since Mioha had training on Tuesday after school, she practiced with Harry early in the morning, telling him that she had to feed the Abraxans.
Hermione seemed close to giving up when she and Harry stayed up late on Tuesday without success, but finally, in the early Wednesday morning Harry managed to summon a dictionary from across the room.

"Harry, I really think you've got it!" said Mioha delightedly.

"Just as long as it works tomorrow," Harry said. "The Firebolt's going to be much farther away than the stuff in here, it's going to be in the castle, and I'm going to be out there on the grounds..."

"That doesn't matter," said Mioha firmly." Just as long as you're concentrating really, really hard on it, it'll come. Harry, we'd better get some sleep... you're going to need it."

Mioha felt so sick to her stomach on Thursday morning she couldn't eat a bite. Everyone seemed to be excited for the task, which would take place at noon, so they only had lessons in the morning. Harry looked about as bad as she felt when Mioha walked over to the Gryffindor table during lunch.

"Good luck, Harry", she said quietly and placed a hand on his shoulder.

He was sweating heavily on his forehead, his glasses kept fogging up.

"Thanks", he croaked.

The Slytherin reached into her pocket and pressed something scratchy into Harry's hand.

"Just in case", Mioha said.

Harry looked down and smiled weakly.
She had given him a handful of Dragon Nip.

Suddenly Professor McGonagall hurried over to them and it got real quiet as everyone watched her say: "Mr. Potter, the champions have to come down onto the grounds now... You have to get ready for your first task."

"Okay," said Harry, standing up, his fork falling onto his plate with a clatter.

"Good luck, Harry," Hermione whispered. "You'll be fine!"

"Yeah," mumbled Harry.

Mioha traded a look with Professor McGonagall. The older witch was more anxious than she let them know.
Everyone stared as Professor McGonagall led the Gryffindor out of the Great Hall.