Nightly trip II

Mioha felt

Mioha felt...weird.

She felt herself shooting across the landscape, the trees and roads and houses beneath her all blurring together to a big, brown mass.

Then she saw blue. A lot of blue.
Then brown.
Where was she?

The sky got lighter as she traveled, changing its color from a dark black to a deep purple. The stars faded and to her left, she saw the sun rising.
It was moving way faster than usual.

The sky got brighter and turned a light blue.
Now the sun was above her head, shining hotly down on her.
And the ground beneath her was not brown anymore.

It was yellow and it sparkled weirdly, like little diamonds.
It was yellow sand.

Mioha breathed in sharply, but that felt weird since she didn't seem to have lungs anymore.
Panic seized her.
How did she stop this thing?

She didn't know.

Mioha continued to travel along the globe in a speed far faster than she was used to, fearing she would forever do so without her friends knowing.

It was day.

Then night.

Day.

Night.

She had no idea how often she had rounded the earth, nor where she was, but she didn't care. She had to stop.
And was Esma even still with her?

Mioha opened her mouth to a silent cry as she tried to stretch out her feathers to slow down.
It didn't help.
Of course not. She didn't have any feathers. Or wings.
She was just a bolt of light.

Think, Mioha!, she told herself. Reverse this!

Mioha closed her eyes, getting dizzy from seeing the rapid changes between land and water, night and day.
She breathed in deeply.
She had lungs, she thought firmly. She had blood inside her. She had toes. And fingers.
Mioha slowly pulled the light out of her cells and compacted it back into streams of magic flowing through her veins, as it had before. Feeling started to return to her skin, a tingling feeling.
Mioha finally felt her wings materializing, followed by her upper body. She immediately started slowing down and, not expecting this abrupt change of speed, she lost her concentration and started falling.
Down, down, down she fell.

The endless black sky mixed together with a dark landscape. Mioha pinched her eyes together and swallowed the lump in her throat as she continued to spin. Her wings were pressed into her sides as she fell.

She had to fly! Flying was her strength!

Mioha growled through clenched teeth as she forced her wings to open. She pushed them against the wind- and suddenly, her wings felt like they were being ripped off as she was yanked upwards. Her eyes opened instantly and Mioha saw she was still falling at a high speed.
Pain shot through her back as she beat her wings. She felt the bones in her wings crack as she tried slow down. The landscape neared and within a second, large pine trees rose up beneath her. She swallowed her panic and tried to land properly amidst the huge coniferous trees.