A little break

Hello everyone,Sorry that you had to wait for so long 😬 I apologize, but the next chapters will probably be published only once a week for the time being

Hello everyone,
Sorry that you had to wait for so long 😬 I apologize, but the next chapters will probably be published only once a week for the time being. But just so you know, I'm NOT putting this story on hold, even if you might have to wait longer for updates 😊.
Hope you enjoy the chapter and that you all stay healthy 🍀.

A sun beam fell through a slit in the curtain into the room, warming Mioha's face. She sighed contently and snuggled deeper into the coziness of her blanket.

I slept like a rock, she thought sleepily and yawned.

The soft breathing of Ginny and Hermione told Mioha that she was the only one awake.
The bird's chirping were heard faintly through the closed window. Mioha instinctively listened for Esma's voice, yet she knew the little blackbird was at Hogwarts with Swift, taking care of her bird business.
She opened her eyes and glanced up. Her eyes fell onto a devil's ivy that stood in a pot on the closet and grew down the side. Its leaves had a sickly, yellowish color and had folded themselves, and little drops of water were glinting at their tips.
A sign of being overwatered.

Mioha pushed the blanket back and lifted her hand. She spread her fingers and wriggled them gently. A soft silver light started forming around them, flickering slightly. When it had achieved the appearance of a little sparkling ball, Mioha flicked her hand into the direction of the plant. The silver light shot out of her hand and through the room before it disappeared after hitting the devil's ivy at the top.
The Slytherin then heard a soft crackling noise and smiled as the plant developed new leaves in a vibrant green in fast motion. The yellow faded and the limp leaves unfolded themselves and greened before her eyes.
A moment later, the devil's ivy looked as healthy and happy as a plant could be.

Yawning satisfied, Mioha stretched her arms over her head, then sat up. The sun hitting the red curtains turned the room a soft pink. Ginny was laying upside down in her bed, her feet propped up on her pillow and her hair hanging off the end of the bed like a red curtain. Hermione was snoring slightly and her wild curls were covering most of her face, moving every time she exhaled.

Deciding that she had slept long enough, Mioha quietly got dressed and left the room. The old floorboards creaked as she made her way downstairs, but it was not an uncomfortable noise such as at Grimmauld Place. It was more like the sound of a homey and snugly house waking up.

The kitchen was still empty and when Mioha checked the time by casting a Tempus charm, it revealed it was only six thirty in the morning. For a moment, Mioha stood in the kitchen, feeling a smile creep on her face. The family clock she heard in the living room was ticking quietly. The kitchen was filled with the light of the rising sun and despite the kitchen making the impression of being very cluttered, Mioha loved how there were pots hanging everywhere and how there were baskets filled with fresh vegetables and fruits on the table and counters, and how there were shelves filled with jars that were bursting with dried herbs.