What friends are for

"I hope she stays, that woman!" said Parvati Patil when the lesson had ended and they were all heading back to the castle for lunch

"That's more what I thought Care of Magical Creatures would be like... proper creatures like unicorns, not monsters..."

"What about Hagrid?" Harry said angrily as they went up the steps.

"What about him?" said Parvati. "He can still be gamekeeper, can't he?"

"That was a really good lesson," said Hermione as they entered the Great Hall.

Mioha shot her a look, so the Gryffindor added hasitly.
"I meant the things she told us, not the tied unicorn. I didn't know half the things Professor Grubbly-Plank told us about uni -"

"Look at this!" Harry snarled, and he shoved the Daily Prophet article under Hermione's and Mioha's nose.

Both of their mouths fell open.

"How did that horrible Skeeter woman find out? You don't think Hagrid told her?", Hermione asked baffled.

"Find what out?"
Mioha was a little confused.

"That Hagrid is a half-giant", said Ron in a low voice, looking over his shoulder to make sure no one was listening.

"Oh."
Mioha shrugged.

Harry shot her a look.
"That's it? You're not going to say how evil giants were and everything?"

"No. I already knew. And it's not like Hagrid is evil, or anything. He wouldn't harm a fly."

The three Gryffindors stared at her surprised.

"You knew?", Ron repeated with wide eyes.

"Well, it's kind of obvious, isn't it?", Mioha said, fidgeting under the looks of her friends.
"And I thought if he didn't tell us, he had a reason to, so I didn't say anything."

Harry huffed angrily.
"He never told us, did he? I reckon she was so mad he wouldn't give her loads of horrible stuff about me, she went ferreting around to get him back."

"Maybe she heard him telling Madame Maxime at the ball," said Hermione quietly.

"We'd have seen her in the garden!" said Ron. "Anyway, she's not supposed to come into school anymore, Hagrid said Dumbledore banned her..."

Mioha tried to remember if she had seen Hagrid and Madam Maxime in the gardens, but her mind was blank.
She still couldn't remember anything.

"Maybe she's got an Invisibility Cloak," said Harry, shooting a glare at Draco and his clique, who passed them to get into the Great Hall. "Sort of thing she'd do, isn't it, hide in bushes listening to people."

"Like you and Ron did, you mean," said Hermione.

"We weren't trying to hear him!" said Ron indignantly. "We didn't have any choice! The stupid prat, talking about his giantess mother where anyone could have heard him!"