Mail

Soon Harry joined the Weasley crew, and the weeks past too quickly for Jessamine's taste.
She knew Harry felt the same way about the Weasleys as she did, and that brought them a bit closer together.

Jessamine always tried to include Ginny so she wouldn't feel left out, which the little redhead appreciated. This way, she got to know her crush better.

Ron showed Jessamine how to de-gnome the garden, but after Jessamine had a serious word with the gnomes, the little creatures promised to leave.
But only after Jessamine bribed them with several bags of cookies, she and Mrs. Weasley needed a whole day to bake.

Another highlight, was seeing Sisi again.
Sisi was an osprey Jessamine had met two years prior, and they had become friends before the eagle had decided to take off again.
Esma was delighted to see her brown-and-white speckled friend. She and Sisi had long bird chats in the top of the old oak tree in the Weasley garden.

Seeing the eagle reminded Ron of a question that had been burning on his tongue for a while.

"Jess", he asked one morning at breakfast.
"What did you do to Errol?"

The old owl was still looking healthy, a little too healthy, it flew around quite a bit and had developed an appetite that rivaled Ron's.

Jessamine shrugged.

"I placed a spell on him", she admitted.
"Healing is the only thing I'm good at. So I gave him some of my energy."

Truth be told, Jessamine could have aced all her exams last year, but the problem was that her magic was too strong for her wand.
Instead of being able to do magic with it, the wand seemed to block her.
And Jessamine could not show the Professors that she was capable of wandless magic, that would be too weird to see a twelve-year-old do.

"Wouldn't the ministry have been notified if you did magic outside of Hogwarts?", Ron asked suspiciously.

Jessamine bit her lip.

Crap.

"It's something I'm generally good at", she elaborated. "So I don't need a wand for it. And wandless magic doesn't trigger anything."

Ron gaped at her.

"You're serious? That's like- really advanced stuff!"

Jessamine shrugged and changed the subject.

The day the school owls soared into the Burrow through the window and dropping off the lists with their school supplies, was when Jessamine remembered- she had no money.
Neither muggle nor magical, and she didn't assume the school would pay for it like last time. Asking the Weasleys was a thought Jessamine immediately pushed aside.

Her dilemma was solved when she noticed a brown school owl not only dropping an envelope with the Hogwarts seal on it in front of her, but a small, leather pouch as well.

Upon opening the letter, Jessamine read through the standard information about Hogwarts and their needed things. At the bottom, it said:

The owl will drop off a pouch with the money for your school supplies.

And it was signed by Professor McGonagall.
Jessamine thought it was very nice of the school to pay for her stuff again, and worried it to be rude, if she weren't to reply, so she wrote on a new piece of parchment:

Good day Professor McGonagall,
Thank you very much for the money.
I hope you are well.
Best regards,
Jessamine Lince

After another moment, she crossed out the Best regards and replaced it with Sincerely.

Satisfied, she rolled up the parchment and tied it to the owl's leg. As a thank you, she gave it a piece of toast before it flew off.

Ginny and Ron were comparing their list, while Fred and George had started whispering about things that were probably not school related.
Esma landed on Jessamine's shoulder and inspected her list from there.

Sisi followed and landed, with some difficulty, on the table.

This caused Mrs. Weasley to startle.
"Oh my", she said surprised and put a hand on her chest, "is that your eagle?"

"Sorry", Jessamine apologized. "I got to know her a couple years ago and now she seems to want to stick with me and Esma."

Seeing Mrs. Weasley's skeptical face, she added quickly: "She can find food on her own."

"Oh no, it's not that, dear", Mrs. Weasley smiled and gave Sisi a slice of apple.
"I'm just not sure, if you can take more than one pet to Hogwarts. What do you think Arthur?"

"Huh?", Mr. Weasley looked up from Fred's list.

"Oh, I don't know. Does Esma bring you your mail?"

Jessamine shook her head.
"She can find some people, but I think she would be too small to use for my mail constantly."

She stroked Esma's feathers softly.
And besides, she wasn't going to use her friend like that.

Mrs. Weasley sighed.
"Looks like we'll have to drop by Gringotts before we leave for Diagon Alley", she told Arthur tiredly and he nodded, looking at all of the things they had to buy.

Jessamine wished she could help them out somehow.