Vanishing bones

"I don't know why nobody else heard the voice, but I didn't imagine it!", said Harry hotly, as they talked in a deserted corridor nobody ever used.

"I believe you, Harry", Jessamine tried to reassure him, "I'm just wondering why you'd hear something others couldn't. Can you remember anything off from your childhood? Anything that had happened similar to this?"

Harry thought for a moment, scratching his wild, black hair.

"I once landed on the roof on my school", he said slowly, "my hair grew back in a day, I set a snake on my cousin-"

"Wait", Hermione interrupted 
"A snake?"

"Yeah", Harry shrugged as if it were no big deal.
"It talked to me for a bit and then the glass suddenly vanished and it slithered out."

Ron looked a little pale.

"Harry", he stammered, "there aren't many people who can talk to snakes."

"What?" Harry looked confused.

"They're called Parselmouths", Hermione continued knowingly and shot Harry a worried look.

"I think You-Know-Who was one too."

Harry rubbed the scar on his head.

"So what does this mean?", he said annoyed, "I can speak to snakes, so what?"

Jessamine started to clink herself out of the conversation. If Harry heard its voice, the creature must have been something snake-like.

At least that gave her something to work with.

"I'll see you guys later", she interrupted the and hurried off to the library.

"Where are you goin'?", Ron shouted after her.

"Library!", she called back and had to smirk, when she heard Hermione run after her.

"So what are you looking for?", Hermione asked quietly, one eye carefully on Madam Pince.

"If Harry is a Parselmouth, then the creature who did this to Mrs. Norris must have been something snake-like", Jessamine replied carefully and walked down an aisle.

She trailed her finger across several leather backs, until grabbing hold of one that said:

Snakes- magical and non-magical by Rino Clyff

Hermione grabbed a book too, and together they sat down in a deserted corner of the library.

"The Amphisbaena is an ant-eating serpent with a head on each end", Hermione mumbled and scribbled something on a piece of parchment.

Jessamine wrote down:

Lindworm- serpent, dragonlike

But there was no petrifying creature Jessamine and Hermione could find.

Days passed, and the two girls spent as much time as they could in the library, Jessamine getting a little stressed because she had to have the time to have the private sessions with her Professors.

Soon, the day of the Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor had arrived.

Jessamine was sitting on the Slytherin stands, a red Gryffindor flag in her left hand and a green Slytherin flag in her right.