The second task 2

Lince was looking around fearfully

Lince was looking around fearfully. Her cheeks lost their puffed-up look as she opened her mouth in panic and bubbles of oxygen escaped.
She slammed her hand above her mouth, as if to stop herself from breathing out, and turned her head frantically to the left and right.

"Somehow, the potion that has put the captured students to sleep has worn off on Ms. Lince!", Bagman exclaimed.
"What will Dumbledore do to prevent her from drowning?"

All eyes turned to the white-bearded wizard, who was rushing quickly to the edge of the water. He looked grim as he raised his wand over his shoulders and pointed it at the lake's surface, a bright, blue light shooting out of the tip of his wand and into the water, without causing a ripple.

McGonagall ran up to him, speaking agitatedly while gesturing to the screen, where Lince could be seen pulling hastily at the ropes tying her to the ground.
Murmurs started to get louder, students were shifting nervously on their seats as they watched Lince yank on the rope around her legs in panic.
The Slytherin tried once to use her wand, but it proved futile, so she then turned towards Potter, her lips pressed together tensely. The Gryffindor didn't seem to notice she was awake. And neither did the Hufflepuff, he disappeared quickly with the free Abbott, while Potter was busy trying to free Delacour's sister as well.

How long can she hold her breath for?, Draco wondered.

Vincent and Gregory were sniggering, leaning forward excitedly as if this was the best part of the task.

"What has Dumbledore done to get his student to safety?", Bagman voiced the question everyone had on his mind.
"And what is Ms. Lince up to now?"

Lince had started to swim towards the bottom of the lake, her hair trailing behind her in the dark, green water as she frantically searched the ground for a sharp rock, as Potter had.
She selected one and swiftly started sawing at the rope, her movements alerting Potter, who turned around and froze.
His mouth fell open and his eyes widened in shock.
Bubbles escaped his mouth as Potter tried to speak, although no sound came out.

Lince continued to cut her rope, although her eyes looked slightly dazed. She was halfway done, and increased her pace determinedly, not bothering to stop to look at Potter.

The Gryffindor clutched his rock and hurriedly swam over to her, seeming to get what was wrong, and started helping her with her rope.
They both worked furiously, which impressed Draco a little.

Most would have panicked and lost their cool.

"Mr. Krum has found them!", Bagman suddenly boomed, his voice excited as if he was watching an interesting show.
"How will he aid in her rescue?"

Krum had shot out of the dark forests of algae and was now quickly making his way to Lince, his shark eyes fixing her without blinking.
He was moving fast, some kind of fins having formed on his feet.