Searching

"I have bad news", said Gandalf grimly, leaning back in his chair.
"After you informed me yesterday about Octo's loss of memory, I immediately went to Nanrek. It appears he has lost his memory as well. He no longer recognized me."

Mioha breathed in sharply.
This was bad.
Octo and Nanrek hadn't remembered the other Titans when Gandalf had spoken to them before the summer holidays, but at least they'd known that they were Titans.

But now...

Neither Orlai, Octo nor Nanrek remembered a thing! How by Merlin's pants were they supposed to find the other three?

Gandalf closed his eyes for a moment. When he opened them, he looked at Mioha over his spectacles determinedly.
"Mioha, you have tasked the birds with searching for the Titans in Scotland, correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"I want you to accompany them. You have the clearest idea of what a Titan's presence feels like and for the meantime, your training besides Firenze's lessons will be put on hold. I daresay you have advanced faster than anyone expected.
Of course, you must remain hidden at all times during the searches, I cannot guarantee that the Aurors will stop trespassing on Hogwarts' grounds."

Mioha nodded.
"I could ask some of my friends in the Forbidden Forest to help. And Crookshanks and Mrs. Norris too, they seem to know the terrain pretty well."

"Yes, that will be useful. I shall task more members of the Order with searching for the remaining three Titans, it is absolutely essential that we find them fast."
Gandalf grew silent for a moment.
"Are there any creatures around Hogwarts that have caught your attention so far?", he asked suddenly.

"Uhm..."
Mioha started thinking.

The hippogriffs seemed normal. She'd met them in her third year and none of them had ever given her any suspicions of being a Titan. Not Buckbeak, Fairfur, Firefeather or any other hippogriff she knew.

"Well, I would rule hippogriffs out", she said slowly.
"I think I would have noticed by now if any of them were a Titan."

She paused for a moment.
"Esma has spent a lot of time with the owls, I am sure she would have told me in case she would have noticed something."

Who else?

Mioha's mind drew a blank.
"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't think of any creature here being one of the missing three Titans."

Gandalf sighed.
"Then we may have to resort to what I had hoped we would not have to. Finding the Birth Place. Although this will be nearly an impossible task."
He stroked his beard with a somber expression.

"Sir", said Mioha slowly.
"If the Titans are stuck in their earthly forms, wouldn't it make sense that they stay close to the place where they draw their power from?"

Gandalf's eyes widened.
"You think the Birth Place is somewhere in Scotland."

"Yes. It really can't be a coincidence that Lux, Terra and Aqua are so close together."

"That is an excellent idea, Mioha. I shall inform the Order immediately."
He looked over his spectacles at Fawkes.

The phoenix trilled a soft melody and suddenly disappeared in a bright golden flame.

Mioha swallowed nervously.
"Can I do anything else?"

"No, you have been and still are a tremendous help."
Gandalf stood up and started walking in a circle behind his desk, his hands clasped behind his back and his eyes narrowed in concentration.
Suddenly, he stopped and looked at her.
"Send Miss Weasley to me, Mioha. I must speak to her as well."