Hatching Day

Hey guys, thanks for being so patient :) I probably won't be able to update until the end of March, but afterwards my chapters will be uploaded regularly again.

Amsrarsma 💜

From left to right: Nova, Gwaihir and Byron

Somehow, no one had noticed. This had developed at a extremely snail-like pace, so slow, that by the time they noticed it, it was already too late.
And no one understood what was going on.

Everything seemed to be...dying.
More and more did the trees of the forests lose their leaves. Their trunks turned a sickly white color, their bark chapped and got brittle, easy to snap into pieces.
The water of the lakes and rivers started to turn dark at the surface, moving slowly past the shore like a flow of rotten honey.
And the creatures...they had it even worse.

MINISTER OF MAGIC HOLDS EMERGENCY MEETING!
Rufus Scrimgeour, our esteemed Minister, has called a meeting in the Department of International Magic Cooperation. Among the attendees were Tori Welsh (the president of MACUSA) Pièrre Bourgeois (the French Minister), and the representatives of the Ministries of Russia, Mexico, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Japan and New Zealand. The discussed matter of this urgent congress included the dying Flora and Fauna all over the world.
Crops are drying up, forests are dying. Lakes have turned into disgusting sludges. Sick animals cover the streets of villages and cities. The winds usually blowing across the seas have stilled.
And all of this has happened within a few weeks.
More and more witches and wizards turn towards the people in charge, expecting answers and help in this new situation, which is dramatically worsened by You-Know-Who's return.
It is as if an apocalypse as come upon us.
The final conclusion of this emergency meeting was forwarded to the newspapers only hours after it had finished, stating that You-Know-Who is behind all this.
"We do not know yet how he did it", said Rufus Scrimgeour yesterday evening, "but there is proof that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has cursed our fields and lakes. It is an attempt to weaken us all, but we will not allow it."
Following the orders of our Minister, all available Aurors have been set on the case of finding You-Know-Who and putting an end to all this. Added to that, many Aurors are also tasked with keeping the muggles in the dark about the dying world. However, this proves to be difficult, seeing-

"Things are getting serious, aren't they?", said Hermione quietly.

Mioha nodded mutely as the Gryffindor lowered the Daily Prophet.

"How are the hippogriffs doing?"

"Oh...not so well", said Mioha glumly. "It's as if someone suddenly decided to push the death-button. Every creature and every plant seems to be sick."