Flying

Christmas had come faster than Jessamine expected

Not many students would stay at Hogwarts, but she knew Harry was one of the few, herself included.

Draco Malfoy had taunted him about it in Potions class and Jessamine had felt the strong urge to put his head into the cauldron.

Let's see how he likes a shriveled head, she thought.

She heard Ron was staying too, as well as his brothers Fred, George and Percy.

————————————————————

When Jessamine woke up on Christmas Day, she was the only one in her room.
Daphne, who was still not speaking to her, Pansy and Tracey had all gone home.
She had no troubles with that.

At the foot of her bed was a small pile of presents. This surprised Jessamine. She hadn't expected any.

The top present was from Hermione, a book about herbs. Jessamine smiled excitedly and  started flipping through the pages before turning to the other presents.

Luna had made her the earrings she had asked for and Jessamine immediately put them on.
They jingled slightly when she turned her head.

Harry had gotten her a book about mountain creatures, probably because of the troll incident.

And Ron had given her a present too, a token for a year of free candy at Zonko's as well as a box of chocolate.

Hagrid's cookies looked good, but Jessamine decided to save her teeth and not eat them.

The last package was from Molly Weasley, Jessamine noted surprised. It was a green sweater with a silver snake on it.

Laughing happily, Jessamine got dressed and pulled on the sweater.
Wearing black jeans and black boots, she skipped off to breakfast.

The Great Hall was decorated with twelve trees, covered in orbs and glittering stars and candles. The tables had been replaced by one big one in the center, where the Professors sat as well as the few students that had stayed.

Jessamine sat down next to Ron, who eyed her sweater and mumbled: "Sorry, I might have told her about your parents."

Jessamine threw her arms around Ron, and then Harry, who sat on her other side, and thanked them exuberantly for her presents.

"Merry Christmas!", Professor Dumbledore raised his glass, eyes twinkling with amusement as he saw Percy, Fred, George, Ron, Harry and Jessamine all wearing Weasley sweaters.

"Hey Jess!", Fred called over, "Be prepared for a lot of sweaters in the upcoming years."

Esma landed on Jessamine's shoulder and the girl replied happily: "Thank you."

———————————————————

Jessamine enjoyed her holidays, but focused on figuring out what Fluffy was hiding. She got the answer when Harry and Ron ran up to her one day in the hallway, talking excitedly about Chocolate Frogs and Nicholas Flamel.
So that solved her enigma.