Esma's mission

"Are you feeling a little better?", asked Hermione the next day when they walked together to dinner

Mioha shrugged.
"It's fine. I just wish Pansy and Tracey would stop conjuring up food that has a brown color."

"They're just being childish", Hermione commented. "They'll stop soon, don't worry. But another thing I wanted to talk to you about..."
She dropped her voice and made sure no one was behind them.
"Remember when you suggested that we try to find some allies in Slytherin? I think you were right about Malfoy. He's...changed."

Mioha nodded.
"I forgot to tell you, but-"
She stopped, not sure whether Draco would actually want her to blab out his secrets.

"Tell me what?"
Hermione looked at her curiously.

"That- that Draco has gone to Professor Dumbledore", Mioha finished. "He wants to switch sides."
She would keep the other things Draco had told her about himself to herself, the others didn't really need to know that.

Hermione arched an eyebrow.
"Really? Just like that?"

She seemed to try to not sound too suspicious, but Mioha noticed her disbelieving face.

"Yes", said Mioha firmly. "I think he is telling the truth. I don't know exactly what he knows from Professor Dumbledore, but maybe he'll open up sooner or later."

"Hmm."

They entered the Great Hall, which was still relatively empty. Professor McGonagall sat at her usual spot, as did Professor Sprout. Both of them had very stiff postures, which was probably because of Professor Umbridge sitting three seats to their right.

"See you later", said Hermione and walked over to the Gryffindor table.

"Bye", mumbled Mioha and turned towards the Slytherin table.
Besides a few first-years and some second-years, the table was empty. Mioha ignored the stares she got from the first-years as well as the whispers that sounded suspiciously like 'Mudblood'. It always seemed to surprise the new Slytherins that a muggleborn got into the House of the Snake.

Mioha had just sat down at her usual spot, when a snowy owl swooped down from the ceiling and dropped a rolled piece of parchment onto her lap.
"Thanks", Mioha said quietly, to which the owl responded with an enthusiastic hoot before it took off.
Unrolling it carefully, Mioha's eyes swept across the parchment.

Dear Miss Lince,
Please come to my office after dinner, and bring your friend Esma with you.
And enjoy the chocolate pudding.

Professor Dumbledore

Mioha furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Okay, it made sense that Professor Dumbledore would address her as Miss Lince in a letter, especially since Professor Umbridge was around. But why was she supposed to go to his office? Probably because of her detention yesterday...